Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Breathe

I love cute "real "postage and the cardmaking kind too. Cute stamps at the post office catch my eye, especially at Christmas. With the current postage stamp and die craze I have found that over the years I was already a collector of city postage mark stamps, as well as funny ones and now pretty ones on a theme. I made this card for the Woodblock Wednesday challenge for February.






Products I used:

Judi Kins: face stamp

Postage and Breathe stamps: Concord and 9th

The Greetery: Postage die

Copic markers

Versafine black ink

Random patterned paper

For my card I used a wooden graphic face stamp as my focal point and put it on a postage die cut. I chose to color the face with red, pink and purple, as my mood led me this morning. Elizabeth Taylor, and actress from eons ago, had purple eyes and I thought I would steal the idea from her. I added postmarks and the cost of the stamp with various other stamps I have. To me the postmark on the top right looks at little like she has side swept bangs. I decided to add a saying on the stamp and I liked "breathe" because we need to relax and take deep breaths more often. I sort of cased some cards I found on Pinterest using Penny Black stamps. Here is an example of one.




If you know me, you know that I have gazillions of wooden stamps because I started stamping in the middle ages. I should be playing along with #woodblockwednesday every month with all I have to choose from. Amy Tsuruta makes the BEST cards and I sit and judge every one of mine. She would love to have you join the challenge. Click on the ink in the first paragraph of this post to go to her post.

Here's to cute postage, real or handmade!

-Carol


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card, Carol! Don't you wish stamps were still 25 cents!!

Carol said...

Yes I do Lisa!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica Lynn from JessicaLynnOriginal Studios said...

What a fun card, thank you for sharing! - Jess

Vikki H said...

I love your funny face card! The colors are perfect for it too. I gave away many woodblock stamps when we moved but still manage to own 150+.

~amy~ said...

What a fun design! The colors are amazing.
You're so sweet! I started stamping after getting hooked on Stampin' Up and then A Muse. Over the years I've managed to reduce my woodblock stamp collection but I've also found new woodblock stamps that I had to have.