Thursday, January 18, 2024

You Warm My Heart

Winter sure has hit the country with snow and all the single digits/below zero wind chill temperatures lately! This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #710 we have a fabulous winter moodboard from Lisa! It has a cozy feel and couldn't have come at a better time. I took a few elements from it and here is my card.









Products I used:

Ellen Hutson:  Cozy Sweater Tag die

CAS-ual Fridays: Coffee Cup die

Pretty Pink Posh: Winter Wonderland stamp set

Stampin' Up!: Snowflake thinlit die

The Greetery: Coaster die

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pad in Mushroom

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Ink blending brush


The resulting scene reminds me of teaching and living in snowy climates, and the bonus of snow days every winter. It was so nice to stay home and get a day to avoid the elements. I'd enjoy putting on a warm sweater and sweats, sitting under a cozy blanket while having a hot cup of something to drink, looking out at the falling snow. I know I did some stamping, too. 

For my card I spattered some watered down white acrylic paint on the white card base that I had ink blended with soft grey ink. I did not punch out all of the snowflake bits because this die has never been easy to cut and release those pieces. Still, I like the patterns in them. 

We hope you will find inspiration in this moodboard and in the cards we made for you. Come play along!!

-Carol



13 comments:

cm said...

That sweater! Ohmystars! So pretty - and one I'd for sure wear in real life! Wonderful cozy take on the mood board, my friend!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks so much Carol!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you left the bits in the snowflakes, Carol, they're pretty! Now about that sweater and that darling little cup... love them! You nailed the warm and cozy feel of the board!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... such a fun way to use that napkin die! Don't you just miss Ellen... great card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this moodboard, and I LOVE what you did with it! That sweeather is fabulous. I missed that one somehow! Love that coaster from The Greetery and the placement of that darlin little cup next to your sentiment. Wonderful make and wonderful take on the challenge.

Nancy said...

I just love how well this card turned out. You captured the moodboard perfectly! The texture on the sweater is just perfect and the cup of Joe of course!

Stef Perry said...

Snow days require coziness and your card is the epitome of all that! Love that pretty sweater, the "blanket it's laying on and the wonderful sentiment. Such a sweet card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies! Lisa sure picked a great mood board!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect embossed sweater for a great inspired card!

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, I had to come tell you that I knew exactly what to reach for [dig for?] when I saw your darling little mug!
Oh, I'd SO wear that sweater! Thanks for your influence!
=]

Bobby said...

I love the warm and cozy half of your card, Carol, but the other half is still pretty. Too bad you can't have beautiful snowflakes in warmer weather. ;)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of the elements you pulled together on this awesome design! From the snowflakes to the sweater and cup of coffee or could be cocoa. Great take on the Moodboard!

Ina G said...

Fabulous take on that awesome mood board Carol. Loooooooooooove that sweater.