Thursday, January 11, 2024

Love that Sparkles

We are back at Just Us Girls with Sue's fun Word Week Challenge #709: Sparkle. I was in the mood for an inlaid design and got out this Sizzix Christmas Cutouts die set that I got last year for the holidays but ran out of time to use. It has a lot of elements in it that can be used for other times of the year, so this is what I made. I am having fun in Valentine mode lately as you see.








This was a simple card to make after I decided on my colors. I used my new Sizzix Sidekick die cutting machine that Santa left under the tree for me. It is small enough to sit beside me on my desk and it suctions to the work surface. I didn't have to get up and go to my work station every time I needed to die cut again. This is not an advertisement. I just really appreciate how much it helped me make my card!!

We hope you will join us this week with something sparkly!! Check out what Stef, our guest, and the design team created for your inspiration!

-Carol

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great layout to show off the sparkle

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your sparkly love card. And I too and in love with my sidekick. It's so great for small die cuts like so many Spellbinders dies are! Thanks for the inspiration to get going on valentines! I ah famous for buying thing for it, then losing my momentum, and then it is March!

ElizStewart said...

Love, love, love the sparkle! Great card Carol!

cm said...

Love x three your sparkly card! So pretty! Great way to showcase this versatility of these cutouts; I think I have this set...
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute, Carol! I used to have a little sidekick, so handy!

Nancy said...

Cute card! I am going to have to get started on some Valentine's soon! Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol said...

Thanks friends! Simple sparkly card.

Stef Perry said...

Such a great Valentine card, Carol! Repeating patterns and inlay sparkle? What's not to love! I'm finally at a spot in my card making where I can get going on Valentines, so I loved seeing yours!

Bobby said...

Wonderful valentine, Carol. I love the silver sparkle interspersed with the pink and red.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous Valentine card! I love all of the sparkle and the inlaid letters and hearts. Sparkle is the perfect choice for Valentine's Day!

Ina G said...

Fabulous and so creatively colourful Carol. It screams 'sparkle'.