Thursday, January 25, 2024

Thank You

At Just Us Girls #711 this week we have a new monthly theme: Anything Goes Using a Stencil. I found the stencil that I used for this background at Pink Fresh Studio and fell in love with their samples using it. I loosely CASEd one of their cards with products I have already.







I am playing along over at Inkspirational this week too.


Products I used:

Pink Fresh Studio:  Mirrored Triangles stencil

Spellbinders: Envelope of Wonder etched dies

Stampin' Up!: Banner die

Sugar Pea Designs: Stitched rectangle die

HoneyBee Stamps: Riding By stamp set

Ranger Distress inks

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

I began my card by stenciling on a stitched die cut panel I had in my stash. I read somewhere, maybe on the Pink Fresh site, that it is suggested to use the stencil front, then turn it over (side to side) to get the triangles going in the opposite direction...and then you can even turn it upside down and then backwards from that position. I used it front, then back, like two stencils in one for more options. I started out going for an ombré look, and it looks a little more like that in person. 

Next, I die cut the smaller banner and the flowers. I played with placement and assembled the flowers, adhered them to the banner, and stamped my sentiment. I popped up the banner on foam tape and I was done!

We hope you will get out your stencils and play this week. The team and our wonderful guest Stef have made a great variety of cards for your inspiration.

-Carol



16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a bright, cheerful card!

cm said...

Your mirrored triangle stencil looks really cool and, from your description, has lots of possibilities. Your version here is fabulous: cheery, fresh and delightful!
hugs~carol

cm said...

Coming back to say: thank you so much for sharing your pretty card over at Inkspirational!
hugs~c

Nancy said...

This turned out so pretty. Love the colors and your stenciling is perfect! Well done!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I am anxious to try other ways to use it.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a cool stencil! I love that you used pinks then added flowers to it! Wonderful card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!!

Bobby said...

So bright and cheerful, Carol. I can't wait to see what else you do with that stencil.

Ina G said...

Looooooooooove your brightly coloured stencilling Carol and those pretty flowers. A lovely thank you card.

ElizStewart said...

OMG... love this stencil! I am going to learn about so many new products with this new challenge. Love it!

Greta said...

Oh wow--just love the look of those stenciled triangles! Wonderful card!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your comments!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous pop of stenciled color! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving that awesome stenciled background! Those whimsical flowers pair perfectly with that fun background.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Well, I just put that stencil in my shopping cart. I love the look when you turn it over and use a lighter hand on that side. I love the colors you used and I can imagine that you can see the ombre better in person. I can see it here and I think it was a great design idea. Love the flowers too.

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, just a brilliant design Carol, switching the stencils back and forth, one can really see the color difference! Not only that, the vibrant colors are spectacular, and the sweet flowers add a nice organic touch against the geometric stenciling. Fab card, my friend!