Saturday, January 27, 2024

I've Got Your Back

I have been curious about Craft Roulette for a while now and finally watched last night. (Click the link to read all about it.) Since the parameters for their #199 Challenge fit things that I have already, I decided to take a leap...make and submit a card. The card had to include:



Project - Card with Bookmark
Element - Large Animal(s)
Colors - Bakery
Random - Add horizontal lines

Here is my card.







First, I found this tutorial by Karen Titus on Pinterest for the card style I chose. Great way to give a bookmark to someone!

While watching the episode it was good to hear these ladies brainstorm what kinds of takes on the parameters could work. In my case, I used a large animal in small form to fit on my bookmark. I stamped my elephant on horizontal striped patterned paper in order to fulfill that parameter on the card. Bakery colors made me immediately think of the pink boxes that you take home your goodies in and I love cherry danish, so I used that paper as well. Finally, I made a corner bookmark that fits onto the front card and lines up with the polka dot pink patterned paper. My elephant and sentiment are from the Simon Says Stamp Stacking Animals stamp set.

I had a neighbor/friend in mind while I made this. She had a big surgery recently and is resting now at home. She is an avid reader and has started several Little Free Libraries in our area. I figured she could use a bookmark and she appreciates handmade crafts.

Check out the website. It is a good way to challenge yourself and use your stash!

See you back here soon!

-Carol

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love this card, and also glad to know about the bookmark design. I have several friends in mind for a card like this. I also have a friend who regularly participates in Craft Roulette, but I have yet to give it a try. It's now on my to do list.

Carol said...

Thanks Karen! I know who your friend is and she makes incredible cards!

Cindy H. said...

What a novel idea! So cute and useful!

Carol said...

Thank you!