Saturday, November 4, 2023

Merry Modern Quilt Top Card

Sweet Carol Mayne is our hostess this week for our Red and Green challenge at Just Us Girls! There are so many ways you can go using these colors. I wanted to CASE another use of my Concord and 9th Poinsettia Quilt Top dies that I saw on their website, and that is what you see below!





Here is the card I CASEd.




I only used the Concord and 9th Poinsettia Quilt Top dies (turning them in a new direction than on my previous cards) and a Merry die, whose company I don't remember. I added a few rhinestones and used red glitter paper for the sentiment. It took me a while to cut and arrange the patterned paper pieces in a way I was happy. (They are from a variety of brands.) I adhered them to a smaller-than-A2 panel, then popped it up onto a white, A2 card base.

Join us for this simple and festive challenge. We can't wait to see your creations in our gallery!

-Carol


13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background on this card. A great CASE well done!

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful! I love the quilted background with the bold sentiment. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery and I think your CASE'd card is sending lots of complimentary vibes.

Thank you for letting me be a part of JUGS this month.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your CASE, Carol , this is a festive and fabulous card!

cm said...

Love, love and love your festive quilt top card, Carol! Such a fun mix of red and green papers, set off perfectly with the pretty sentiment!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

Wonderful CASE and such great papers! That is one way to use up some DSP!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Ina G said...

I'm a sucker for quilt cards and this is spectacular in red and green.Looooove it Carol.

Bobby said...

To me that's the fun of quilting, Carol, moving the patterns around until I like the mix. You picked some wonderful papers to make yours.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love both of these fabulous quilt cards! I really like those big sentiments that don't detract from the beautiful backgrounds. These are truly a work of love.

Kristin Sluhan said...

So...this is fantastic! I love the patterns you chose... it looks like a quilt my grandmother would have done! Fantastic! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and sweet comments....

JoAnn said...

Very festive and colorful with that great quilt background. Love your card Carol.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful mix of red and green patterns for your wonderful quilt background! Julia xx

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!