Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Holiday Cheers

Couldn't wait to make a paper cocktail with all the trimmings this year and here are four of them for the Inspired By Challenge #264: Gifts. I loved the colors and graphic design in the inspiration photo which include the the cheerful colors of the lights and packages. I also included some black and white twine on one of my glasses like what is used in the photo. And the one drink has mini lights on it in the colors of the challenge! The joy of celebrating and toasting a friend, especially at this time of year, is a gift in itself! I am also sharing this card at Global Design Project GDP #422 sketch challenge.








Products I used:

MFT: Holiday Cheers stamp set, Long Stem Barware/Christmas Garnish dies

Concord and 9th: Mini ink cubes

Mini ink blending brushes

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Black and white twine

I die cut my drinks and garnishes, then ink blended each the color I wanted them to be. I assembled them, then cut a 5" x 5" card base. I die cut four light grey squares and adhered them to the card front. Last, I adhered each drink to a grey square, stamped my sentment and fussy cut it to fit on the card front. I tied a twine bow and adhered it with a glue dot!

 These drinks were a little labor intensive but as they came to life it was all worth the work!

Happy Holidays!

-Carol




7 comments:

SugarGem said...

This is so adorable

Lisa Elton said...

This is FUN! Cute cute design, Carol!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Laurel said...

Fantastic card! The colors are perfect for the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Carol said...

Thanks Laurel!!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a delightful card, Carol! Congrats on your deserving IB win!

Silke Ledlow said...

Carol, this is a fabulous card!!! Great inspired elements...love all the drinks :) Thank you for playing the IB with us!