Monday, November 27, 2023

Destination North Pole

I can't believe Thanksgiving is behind us! Now to concentrate on holiday decorating and tag making! But I still see some challenges that I want to enter and I do have some time right now, so here is a card for the Time Out Challenges #252 Winter/Holiday! I am also playing along at the As You See It Challenge #312 Christmas theme.

I am a big fan of The Greetery's Destination series of stamps and dies. This is my first time using my North Pole set. The street names and candy canes are my favorite elements along with excited Santa for the arrival of Christmas this year. 












Products I used:

The Greetery: Destination: North Pole stamp, stencil and die sets

My Favorite Things: Jingle All the Way stamp set (Santa)

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder dies (stitched asymmetrical edge die)

Copic markers

Alternew: Artist Markers

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Blending brushes

Patterned paper scrap

First I stenciled, stamped and die cut using The Greetery products. Then I stamped and Copic-colored Santa. I had to fussy cut him because I "colored outside of the lines" today. LOL. 

Using the stitched asymmetrical die, I took a top-folding A2 card base and die cut the front panel. Then I die cut the other panel where I created my scene to match the card front. I adhered the stenciled panel to the card front, then added Santa dancing off the edge. Last, I added a blue snow-patterned paper to the inside of the back of the card. Santa is having a ball getting ready for Christmas at the North Pole!

I will see you back here soon while I work on (aka: play with) Christmas stamping and other preparations!

-Carol


14 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I love your extension of your Greetery map! So creative and fun!

Lisa Elton said...

This jolly fella always makes me smile! Very cute card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!

Heather said...

Just adorable, Carol, and I love those destination sets from The Greetery! I think you've done some others with these sets that I've also fallen in love with - this is just as delightful! Love that capering Santa, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I love your shaped card, Carol and how Santa is one of the supports! By the way, he is adorable! The candy cane map is a great point of interest! Thanks for playing along at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

Santa looks so very jolly, all set to party. I love the street names too - they take an already fantastic die and step it up even further. Love this! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I thought the summer version of this was fab, but a festive destination layout - I love it!! That jolly Santa will have no trouble finding his way Carol. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You already know how much I love this card, and also the way your brain works. The street names. I am going to have to break down and aquire the other Destination sets...

Cindy Beach said...

I love this adorable snowman and think anything you make is a welcome addition to the gallery at Time Out! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Carol!

Bobby said...

The shaped card is fantastic, Carol, and a great way to display the map that your beautifully colored Santa will use to find your house. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!!!!

Jane Knudsen said...

I love this card! Santa has his work cut out for him! Great combos of colors and I want these dies! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Carol said...

Thanks Jane!