Saturday, November 25, 2023

Happy Holidays

For our last Just Us Girls Challenge of the year 2023, our theme is CAS: In a circle. I wanted to think outside of the "A2 rectangle card" and make a rocker card with a clean and simple design. It is a fun style of card because the recipient can display it on a mantle or a table/desk to enjoy it longer. Here's hoping you are in full holiday cardmaking mode or maybe done already! It is time for me to make tags!







Products I used:

Colorado Craft Company: Christmas Hats stamp set

Altenew:  Artist Markers

Simon Says Stamp: Copic Friendly white cardstock, circle dies

120 lb. Cover Smooth cardstock (heavy, for card bases)

Copic markers

Prismacolor pencils

Wink of Stella pen (hat brim and pompom)

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Ranger: Distress Oxide ink pads

This was a pretty quick and simple, one-layer card to make! I die cut the first of three same-size circles, but one is cut from Copic-friendly cardstock. I stamped my cute little festive doggy image on this special cardstock. I colored in my image (including green grass to have the traditional red and green on my Christmas card), then stamped my image again on a larger Post It note. I fussy cut the image, then placed it over my colored one. I lightly ink blended a blue sky behind my image then removed the mask. Last, I added Wink of Stella to the hat brim and pom pom for holiday sparkle.  

Next, I die cut two more circles of the same size out of a sturdier white cardstock. I backed the Copic-colored one with one white circle because some ink bled through a bit. I took the third white circle and scored it across the middle to make my rocker base. Last, I adhered the the completed/colored circle in front of half of the folded one with its round edge facing downward for rocking purposes. Here is a video by the wonderful Sam Calcott explaining how to make a rocker card plus plently of really good tips to keep in mind. My card is 5" on this CAS version and will fit in a 5" x 5" envelope. You can trace a plate if you want to make a bigger one, but if you plan to put it in an envelope, keep in mind the measurements/height of your card as you make it. Also, there is room to write a personal message on the inside or back of the folded circle "base."

Be sure to play along and don't forget that it is a Clean and Simple challenge. Rules are in the challenge graphic above.

I hope your holiday season is a wonderful one!

-Carol





12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a sweet card! I like that it “stands” up 😊

ElizStewart said...

Carol... such a great way to use the CAS prompt! Love it. I am going to miss your cards so much but hopefully I will be here visiting often!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how this challenge inspired this awesome card! That image is absolutely adorable and perfectly CAS.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies. We will miss you too Elizabeth, but know you will be around!!!

Nancy said...

This is a darling card, Carol. I love that it stands up too. I will have to borrow him some time and color him to look like Atlas. I am so happy you joined the Just Us Girls Team as you have been the absolutely perfect fit. So happy we are more than teammates and good friends too.

Carol said...

Thanks so much Nancy! Can't wait for our next stamping session!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little pup! This is a cute card, Carol!

Bobby said...

Your rocker card is fun, Carol, and that pup is adorable.

cm said...

Your pup is absolutely adorable; even Lily, my mini schnauzer, agrees! Super cute; super CAS; super In a Circle inspiring!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

What a fun fabulous and very creative CAS card Carol. Love how you went outside the box to make this a 'stand up' or I should say stand out!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!

Melissa Craig said...

ADORABLE! I love that little doggy and your rocker card, genius.