Saturday, October 28, 2023

Sweet Surprises

For our CAS Week #703 at Just Us Girls, Nancy has us using just the center of our card. Cute idea, huh? I decided to use this cloche die that I have had for a long time with many ideas in my head for its use. I'm excited to make a scene inside it this time! Also, we are saying thank you to our talented guest Bonnie this week who has been a fabulous guest designer for October.






Products I used: 

Ellen Hutson: Sweet Surprises stamp set

Simon Says Stamp: Drifting Stitches Borders dies

Waffle Flower: Nested Domes dies

Versamark ink pad

Versafine: Onyx Black ink

Wink of Stella pen

Silver cardstock

Woodgrain cardstock

Silver sparkle white cardstock

Copic markers

I stamped my images first, colored and fussy cut them. I stamped and cut out the bear twice so that I could cut out his arms and attach them only on his sides. I wanted him to be able to hold the candy cane. Next, I die cut the cloche, the handle, the base and the snow. I rubbed some Versamark ink on the edges of the cloche so that it had an "edge" and shadow like a dome would. I colored the stars with the Wink of Stella pen and was ready to arrange everything.  After everything was adhered to the cloche, I stamped the sentiment. I popped up the whole cloche on foam tape in the middle of a 5" x 7" card base and rounded the outer corners to match the shape of the dome.

We hope you will join us this week for a Clean and Simple (CAS) and center focused card! Be sure to check out the team's cards...they are so much fun and super creative!!!

See you back here soon,

-Carol




13 comments:

cm said...

Your sweet bear scene is adorable; perfect for your cloche and for the challenge. Love this!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

This is darling and I love the soft pink background so much! I don't think I even knew this was called a cloche. Where have I been?

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute using the pink - a trendy color for this year!

Bonnie said...

What a lot of wonderful details on this, Carol! Love the bear with his candy cane! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have really enjoyed this month with your team!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your adorable snowy cloche scene! That bear holding the candy cane is so cute.

JoAnn said...

What a cute CAS Christmas card. Your cloche scene is filled with adorable images.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... super cute and I love the design in pink!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!

Lisa Elton said...

He sure is a cute little fella and I love the pink background you added! This is a darling card, Carol!

Ina G said...

Cute as and simpleee fabulous Carol.

Bobby said...

Is that bear from "Sweet Surprises" Carol? Because I have an Ellen Hutson (EbyE) bear that cuts the arms and it looks just like yours. Maybe that's why I don't have a candy cane that fits. He makes a great focal point in your wonderful cloche.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!! Yes Bobby. This is the set with the little bear that fits in the stocking.