Saturday, October 21, 2023

Joyful Postage

We are back this week with a new moodboard challenge at Just Us Girls #702. I decided to go with colors I love off to the right of the graphic. I took the bottom three colors and made joyful little candy canes. I kind of wanted the look of a holiday postage stamp, so I also went that direction with it too. It's still a fall holiday, right? Here you go!







Productgs I used:

The Stamp Market: Candy Cane Christmas stamp set

The Greetery: Postal dies

???: Joyful die (can't remember the brand...Papertrey?)

Sugar Pea Designs: Stitched rectangle die

Concord and 9th: Mini ink cubes in Grapefruit, Poppy and Cranberry

My Favorite Things: Mini ink pad in Gravel Grey

Hobby Lobby: Glitter dark grey cardstock, 

Joann Fabrics: Plaid patterned paper

Bearly Arts glue

Vellum

Rhinestones


I stamped the candy canes, die cut the postage panel/plaid rectangle and sentiment, and built the card you see using foam tape to pop up the postage panel. I wanted to mute the bold colors a bit for the sentiment to stand out, so I grabbed some vellum. I attached the sentiment to the vellum with Bearly Arts glue, then adhered the vellum to the card by adding the glue behind the sentiment only. For sparkle, I added a few rhinestones!

Join us for this fall moodboard challenge! We enjoy your cards so much!

-Carol

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card. Love that gingham paper too

ElizStewart said...

Carol... so cute!!

Lisa Elton said...

So cute and festive, Carol! I like the vellum band holding that delightful sentiment!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Nancy said...

I love that you went in a totally different direction, Carol. Shows our followers to think outside the box. The vellum softened it just enough! Pretty card!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!!

Bonnie said...

I wish the post office would make a Christmas stamp like this! Fabulous use of these colors, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Bonnie!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the direction you took with this challenge! I love your candy canes paired with the plaid and the sentiment on the vellum. You are a rock star!

Bobby said...

What a creative way to use the colors, Carol. I wouldn't mind a real postage stamp like that.

Ina G said...

I love how you took those three colours and made this card your own Carol. Super plaid background and very clever layout. Love the vellum joyful.

Carol said...

Thank you laides! I appreciate you taking the time to come visit!