Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Happy Fall

I love the postage fever that is going on in stamping and I have a few products already in my stash. I'm trying to hold back from the new ones on the market, but there are some cute stencils that could possibly make their way to my home. I made this card for the Color Throwdown CTD765 this week using orange, yellow and green.



I am also playing along at The Paper Players PP662: Signs of Autumn.



Products I used:

Pretty Pink Posh: Giving Thanks stamp set

The Greetery: Postal dies

Concord and 9th: Small postage dies and stamps 

Versafine Onyx Black ink

Copic markers

Distress Inks

Washi tape

Foam tape

I first die cut the three "postage stamps." Then, using washi tape, I masked off the edges of each stamp. Next, I stamped the images on the postage stamps. I stamped them again on Post it notes to make masks and fussy cut them. I placed my masks over the images so that I could ink blend my ombré backgrounds. I removed the masks and colored my images. I cut a larger postage stamp for a mat on my card front, then arranged/popped up my little postage stamps with Bearly Art glue and foam tape.

Hope your fall is the way you like it. It is pleasurably cool this week for a few days, then back to the low 80's for us in the tropical zone.

-Carol



10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your fall postage stamps are adorable! This is such a sweet fall card, Carol!

Cindy Groh said...

Fantastic card. I love the layout/design.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Adorable postage...perhaps USPS should copy your designs? I'd buy them for my cards! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and support!

Carol said...

Thanks Kristin!!!

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable CAS fall card, Carol! I love the postage stamp design. The images and colors are perfect for autumn. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Celeste Goff said...

I love the clean simplicity of this beautiful card!

Susie Moore said...

I love the postage trend and your card is a perfect example! Thanks for joining us this week at The Color Throwdown Challenge.

Broni said...

Love this, Carol! So glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely!!!!