Saturday, October 14, 2023

Fall is here

I know that fall started on September 23rd, but if you have been to stores lately, you know that fall is here. This is my card for our Just Us Girls #701 Word Week: Pumpkin. I have been seeing aqua, pink, black, yellow and many other trendy colored pumpkins and that is what I wanted to make this year. These dies have little patterns in them that, in person, make them really cute and more realistic.






Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Pumpkin House dies (pumpkins)

Trinity Stamps: Boo Brew (leaves)

SugarPea Designs: Card Front Element Builder (stitched rectangle die)

Patterned papers (grey geometric and woodgrain)

Rnager Distress Oxide ink pads

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Watercolor paper

Aqua brush

Ink blending brushes

I die cut and ink blended the pumpkins on white cardstock in soft shades of yellow pink and orange. Next, I decided to watercolor with the colors already used, then die cut the leaves and curly-cue vines out of those pieces. For stitching on my background, I die cut a panel of grey patterned paper and another out of woodgrain-look patterned paper. I assembled the patterned paper panels onto a white A2 card base, then arranged and adhered the pumpkins, leaves and vines. I left of a sentiment because the card was already busy enough, and I feel like not all cards have to have a greeting. 

We hope lots of cardmakers will join us for this simple fall theme! See you in the gallery!

-Carol










10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well, this is a fun non-traditional color card with those pumpkins. The texture on those pumpkins is great.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... so loving your pumpkin colors!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love your pumpkins. I have a pink, a purple, yellow, white and light green (real) pumpkin display outside my front door. Your paper pumpkins are fantastic! I also love the gray background.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card and 10 times prettier in real life. I am so glad I cut a few while I was at your house.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your fancy little pumpkins! This is a lovely card, Carol!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am totally in love with your amazing pumpkins! That texture on the pumpkins really is gorgeous and the shading is absolutely perfect!

Bonnie said...

I love the shape and dimension of these pumpkins and how you colored them! So unexpected and fun, Carol!

Bobby said...

My daughter the artist keeps telling me that works of art like we often make don't need a sentiment and she's definitely right in the case of your beautiful pastel pumpkins, Carol.

cm said...

Crushing over and smitten with your oh-so-pretty pumpkins, Carol! Very stylish and trendy! Sentiment not required; the pumpkins speak for themselves!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!!!