Saturday, September 2, 2023

Water You Been Up To Lately?

Our sweet Lisa E. has chosen Aqua and Apricot for our Just Us Girls Color Challenge #695. I asked myself if I should still make yet another summer card and then an idea hit me...an Ellen Hutson set (sadly closing- but will still have products via Amazon) called Just Squidding. In this set there are two cute ways to have the octopus play a trick on boaters and swimmers with a fin or a serpent "puppet." Here's my card.




Products I used:


Ellen Hutson: Just Squidding stamp set

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Concord and 9th: Dew drops

Stampin' Up!: Markers, ink Bermuda Bay ink pad

My Favorite Things: Wave dies

Vellum


I started by ink blending an ombré section on a piece of vellum. Next, I cut it down to the size I wanted and die cut waves at the top. I stamped my creature on a white panel and colored it. I stamped the fin puppet on another scrap of white cardstock, then colored and fussy cut it. I adhered it to one of the creature's arms. I watched Julie Ebersole put this same vellum water/wave on a panel by cutting it wider than the panel and folding the sides around the back side to adhere. That way no adhesive shows on the front! I stamped my sentiment and added "water drops" before adhering the panel to an A2 card front. Sneaky octopus!!!

Join us this week with these two pretty colors. Can't wait to see your creations in the gallery!

-Carol


11 comments:

cm said...

Your card makes me smile, Carol! What better way to showcase the colours than with your cutie-patootie squid! I just squidding love this!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol...soooo cute! Love how you treated the vellum.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Love the effect of the vellum usage too

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this set so much. You did a great job with the vellum softening the color of the squid. Wonderful use of the colors. Have your read Remarkably Bright Creatures? The star is an octopus, but still this guy reminds me of that book. I am so thrilled to be designing with you are your team this month! Thanks for having me.

Nancy said...

Creative card for these colors, Carol. Super cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Well isn't this heaps of fun! Love the vellum you added and the punny sentiment. So cute, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies and a big welcome to Stephanie!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely adorable! Such creative use of this week's colors. I love the vellum water with your playful octopus.

Bobby said...

Such fun, Carol. Using vellum for the water was a brilliant idea.

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun card Carol. I love how you have coloured this cute octopus and what a great way with the colourful vellum. So creative!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!