Saturday, September 23, 2023

Just Us Girls Sports Week

Our challenge this week at Just Us Girls #698 is CAS with Sports as the theme. I have lots of soccer stamps but no reason anymore to make a soccer card other than this challenge. I looked around the internet and found a piece of graphic art that I liked, then searched for a sport to go with it. I chose Cliff Diving! I know that is a little out there but here is a snippet of information about this actual competition.

In a nutshell, it originated in Hawaii in the 1700s, but the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series started just 14 years ago in 2009. Here is a link to the website with all the details and photos!

Cliff diving

This past June of 2023 there were eight competitions in locations all around the world. I would love to watch a cliff diving competition in person! Would you?

Here is my card and the one that inspired it.




Art print: Wild Swim, for sale on Etsy at Papershore. 


I am also playing along with my CAS card at Inkspirational Challenges #299 Clean and Simple.




Products I used: 

Simply Graphic Les Nageuses dies

Reverse Confetti Sun dies

My Favorite Things Wave dies

I made my diver a USA swimsuit with patterned paper in red with stars. Also, I wanted my card to CASE, not copy the art exactly. We hope you will join us for this Clean and Simple challenge with Sport as the main idea.

See you in the gallery!

-Carol




16 comments:

Marina said...

Love this!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I have never seen a diver image before. Perfect for this challenge

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun sport you picked and executed perfectly too! I've seen cliff diving on TV and maybe in an old Elvis movie too! Fun in Acapulco I think!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wow, Carol! What a genius way to have come to your creation of this most fabulous card! Your diver is the one sports oriented thing I had in my stash. It was YOU who enabled - uh inspired me to buy it, and I forgot all about her until after I bought my digi!! At any rate, the graphic you found is perfect, as is the card you came up with. I can't stand how much I love it. I have had the most fun with my JUGs DT gig. I wish I could stay! Thanks so much for your warmth and welcome.

Carol said...

You are so fun Stephanie, and I just love your comments every time! Thanks so much. We are going to miss you!!!!!

Nancy said...

This turned out better than the original.....shhhh!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Ina G said...

Fabulous CAS sports card Carol. Nice colour9ng on that swimsuit. Thanks for the Cliff Diving story.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your diver with her perfect form diving into the water with the sun shining brightly. I love how you were inspired by that art print. Perfect sport CAS card!

Bobby said...

It doesn't even have to be cliff diving, Carol. I used to love watching Olympic divers. Your card depicts the sport well.

cm said...

Your cliff diving card is awesome and how interesting to learn some tidbits about this sport. Watching it would be cool; definitely not something I'd ever consider doing, given my fears of both heights and water! LOL!
hugs~carol

Carol said...


Thanks so much ladies!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful CAS! Love the placement and pops of color; thank you for joining us at INk~

Marina said...

Just popping back to say I was inspired by your card and I've given you a little credit on my blog. https://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.com/2023/10/diving-in.html

Carol said...

Thank you Marina! That is so kind of you to mention me! I love your bridge card with your diver!!!!!!