Saturday, September 16, 2023

A Pie-fect Friend

This is my first fall card of the year and it was inspired by our Just Us Girls Challenge #697 Moodboard Challenge brought to you by the talented Carol Mayne on our team. I tried to create a table top with a pie and cup of coffee (or in my case, steamed apple juice with 5 pumps of chai). Play along with this warm, cozy challenge!






I am playing along with my card over at Addicted to Stamps and More.



Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Creature Comforts die set

Spellbinders: Sky View Pies die set

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Elements Builder die set

Textured cardstock

Silver cardstock

Patterned paper

Ranger Distress Rock Candy Crystal Clear Glitter

This was not a difficult card to make...die cutting and arranging them onto the card front! I added "sugar" on the pie top using a ZIG 2 Way Glue pen and fine glitter.

There are so many good fall items in the moodboard to choose from to create a card. Please join us for some fall papercrafting!

-Carol



15 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... amazing card!!!

cm said...

You 'tried' to create a tabletop with pie and a cup of coffee? Oh, my friend, you 110% succeeded in doing so! Your card is awe-mazing! I love the pretty background and the pops of colour from the pie, cup-and-saucer and glasses. Gorgeous!
hugs~carol

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your pie-fect card!
=]

Carol said...

Thanks my friends! I know a pumpkin pie doesn't have a top crust but I wanted to make this crust with the sugar!! LOL!

Julia Aston said...

Chai with apple juice?? Hmmm trying to imagine how that tastes??!! A wonderful fall table setting with beverage and pie on the doily and your glasses at the ready to read that good book you just can't put down - even while eating! Julia xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great minds think a like! We were both inspired similarly 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I almost went in the same direction with my card, Carol. I love yours. And your sugar coated pie is so gorgeous. It does not have to be pumpkin! And if it is, then you have used your creative license! Love the doily and the detail of the matching cup and glasses... the sweet scalloped edges are the perfect touch too. A lot to love... and the sentiment is the pie-ce de resistance!

Cindy H. said...

What an elegant and fabulous card! Love it!

Cindy H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Winner Winner....Love your card so much! The pie looks amazing and I love that the cup matches the glasses.

Lisa Elton said...

Carol.... you NAILED this, my friend! I love each and every perfect detail on your extra pretty card!

Carol said...


Thank you so much ladies!!!!

Ina G said...

Loving your apple pie Carol. Nice little snack. Great background and cool glasses.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your tabletop is perfect with that yummy pie, fab glasses and your steamed apple juice with chai! You nailed this challenge! Now I want to go back an apple pie.

Bobby said...

Yummy looking pie, Carol, and the lace doily makes a great tablecloth.