Saturday, September 9, 2023

Fall Weather in the High Country

I have lived in a couple of places where it snows. Two pretty scenes that I always loved were a full moon through the trees and the snow lit up by the moonlight. I like snowy scenery but now choose to live again near water and palm trees. For this week's Just us Girls Word Challenge #696 Bobby chose Moon and I came up with a snowy fall or winter card. I left off the sentiment and can add one later if I feel the occasion calls for one.

 






Products I used;

Poppy Stamps Pondering Layered Deer die

Simon Says Stamp Drifting Stitches Border dies

Concord and 9th mini ink pads

MFT Birch tree dies, A2 circle dies

My mini slimline card was a simple make. The deer is 6 dies, easily layered. I added shading with smaller ink blending brushes to the deer. 

We hope you will join us with a Halloween, baby, Christmas, winter or any other idea you have using a moon!

-Carol







14 comments:

Nancy said...

Sweetest card in the line-up! I adore this!

Lisa Kind said...

What a beautiful scene you created! I love that deer, and I also love a winter scene. Lovely card!

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, he is so handsome! I know just the snowy scene you're describing - especially beautiful after a fresh snow when it's all twinkly!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love a great mini slimline! Fabulous card 😊

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

ElizStewart said...

Carol...soooo sweet!

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Bobby said...

One thing I love about northern Michigan is the lovely birch trees, Carol, and you set the perfect scene for the deer with them.

Carol said...

Thanks Bobby!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Thisis a beautiful card, Carol. The coloring is so soft, and looking at it I can hear the quiet of this wonderful scene. I love everything about it.

Lisa Elton said...

YES, the moonlight (or the sunlight) makes that fresh snow look like it has a layer of glitter sprinkled over it! This is a delightful scene and a sweet card, Carol!

cm said...

I love everything about your moonlit snowy deer-in-the-birch trees scene. So pretty and serene! Forecast from the Farmers' Almanac predicts a cold, snowy winter here...yikes!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your big silvery moon behind the birch trees and darling deer. This is just as sweet as can be!

Ina G said...

Beautiful little scene Carol. So so pretty.