Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Joy

Here is a quilty Christmas card for you with lots of shine and sparkle for the Christmas Craft Creations Metallic theme for September. (I looked up what is considered metallic regarding cardstock. One store called Cardstock Warehouse here in the USA wrote: "When you need some shimmer and shine for a special occasion, this premium collection of metallic cardstock paper is sure to please. Choose from pearlescent, glitter and mirror papers..." so I used some card stock that was previously the packaging for chocolates as well as  some glitter paper.

I have been looking at "quilt" dies for a long while and finally decided on this one, based on the great examples using it on the Concord and 9th website. I took so many photos to try to show the shine/sparkle on this card and I wish you could see it in person. 


All but one of the dies used on this card are from the Concord and 9ths Poinsettia Quilt Top dies set.  This is my first time using it. You can use the main die and have it imprint the quilt (stitching) design on your card front. I chose to use the main die and its outline die to cut around three sides of the stitched design. I did not let the outline die cut along the folded edge of my card base so that the quilt becomes the card front. The quilt piece opens the card. I also die cut a stitched rectangle panel (Sugar Pea Designs) and adhered it to the right side of the card (inside) for sturdiness.

It was fun to pick out patterned and metallic papers for my "quilt" design. JOY is included in the set in two parts: a shadow for the word (I cut it out of vellum) and the three letters J-O-Y, I cut out of regular cardstock. I finished by adding a rhinestone in the middle for more sparkle.  

We hope you will join us this month with your metallic adorned cards! Make sure it is a very obvious foal point of your card.

See you in the gallery!

-Carol

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The sparkle, the shimmer, the polka dots and the gingham all add up to one cute winter quilt! This is a delightful card, Carol!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Where did you get all the papers from?

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!!! And the papers are a variety from my stash.

Leanne said...

This is so pretty, love the extra colors in it, and the shine, very nicely done. Have a great day teammate! L:)

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I love this quilt star die - so many things you an do with it! xoxoxo