Saturday, September 30, 2023

Eek! Boo!


It is time again for our Just Us Girls Challenge: CASE a DT #699. If you want to play along, and we hope you will, choose a card made by one of us this week and make it your own. Explain which card you chose and what inspired you from that card to end up with your creation. Here is my card for this week.

 





I love all the stencils that cardmakers are using these days and after making a recent project I had the negative panel from die cutting I had done. It looked to me like a Halloween stencil, so I grabbed some dark grey cardstock and some white ink and stenciled a background with heavy and light pressure to make it a little eery-looking. I cut the arched shaped from this background panel, then decided on purple for my card base. In addition to the purple card base, I cut another purple panel and die cut the same arch in the middle of it. 

After my grey stenciled panel dried, I decided that I would make a little arrangement over to one side with some spooky die cuts as well as sparkle it up with purple rhinestones. Once that part was complete, I adhered my grey panel to the card front. Then I popped up the purple panel (with the arch cut out) over the stenciled panel using a double layer of foam tape. It is hard to see in the photo, but the grey panel is recessed. The pumpkin was cut from orange glitter cardstock and the faces on the treat bag and pumpkin, as well as the EEK letters, are cut from black glitter cardstock.

Products I used:

Homemade stencil: dies from Papertrey Ink Pumpkin House dies

Pumpkins and treat bag: Spellbinders

Letters: Alex Syberia Foxtrot Alphabet die set

White ink: VersaMagic Cloud White Archival Multi-surface Chalk Ink Pad

Rhinestones: Pretty Pink Posh

We hope you will like this challenge and CASE one of our cards! It is as easy as copying a card's colors or theme, or you could make a similar card with different colors. You could also take one element from a card and use that on your card. This is a versatile challenge!

Psst!!! You don't want to miss our 700th Challenge coming up next week with fun surprises for participants!!!

See you soon,

-Carol

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute Halloween card!

Nancy said...

Such a cute card and I am glad I got to see it in person! You are so good at trying every aspect of card-making. We never can predict what you are going to do and that is such a great quality!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is CUTE! What a faBOOlous card, Carol!

Bobby said...

You laid out your die cuts in just the right way to make that fabulous stenciled background, Carol. You are so creative. Love the little images and word dies that you added.

Ina G said...

A fun clever layout Carol. So creative!

cm said...

Cuteness happening all over your card, Carol! From the arch, to the stenciling, to the die cut words, to the cute ghost and pumpkins, this is a Halloween delight!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulously cute and spooky! I love that stenciled background and awesome design with the die cut Halloweeny words and images.