Saturday, October 7, 2023

Thanks: Here's to Challenge #700!

Our new Just Us Girls Color Challenge #700 is to use light blue, orange and tan...and we have some surprises for you this week because 700 is such a fabulous number to reach for a card challenge!!! Thanks to all who have been a part of our challenges! Happy Cardmaking Day as well!

I went with a quilted, top-folding quilty card. This Concord and 9th die set is so much fun and versatile to use! I think this week's colors are fall-inspired, too! The quilt opens upward to see the inside of the card. Keep reading for the celebration prize I am offering to people who enter a card this week!





Light blue, Orange and Tan

I also used my Sugar Pea Designs Card Front Builder die to cut a stitched panel to put on the inside back of the card just to continue the stitched look. The "thanks" die is from My Favorite Things.

That's it! Pretty easy after you use the quilt die once! There are ways to just cut the quilt and mount it on the front of the card base or just die cut the quilt stitching into the card front. I suppose I could also arrange the little stitched pieces on a blank card front however I want as well! Lots of ideas swimming around in my head now!

I am offering this stamp set to one person who a) enters card in our challenge this week, b) comments on this blog post, c) has a US postal address. Sorry to any international people, but I have had cards not arrive when mailing internationally.




We hope you will join us this week with this fun color combo!! Remember, prizes!!!!! Read design team members' posts this week to see what prizes are being offered!

-Carol

18 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

The colors look amazing with your quilted card. Fun prize too

Nancy said...

Sweet card, carol. Great mix of patterns and solids and I love the bold greeting as well. Cute little stamp set you are giving away too.

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty quilt, Carol! It's so cozy looking and perfect for these cooler temperatures! I'm sure you'll find even more fantastic color combinations!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! You mixed the perfect patterns on your quilt. What a lovely card!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... sweet prize! I am loving what you are doing with this quilt die...so creative!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Card Everyone said...

Carol, I used to spend hours of every day hand-piecing quilt blocks like this one! I love your choice of 'fabrics' in these beautiful colors.
=]

Carol said...

Michele,
Thank you.I am self taught at quilting and still have a lot to learn. For now, I'll make the paper ones!!! :)

Johanna said...

This card shows a really great way to use the colours and keep the look simple. Beautiful end result and a cute stamp set giveaway. Too bad I live in Canada.

Carol said...

Thank you Johanna. I wish it were easier to mail things out of the country!

Bobby said...

I love the idea of having the quilted star be the entire front of the card, Carol. With all the quilting I do I'm surprised I don't have that die. The colors work great in it and that 'thanks' die just pops.

Ina G said...

Love your take on our colour challenge Carol. Always love a quilted card remining me of my sisters work. Fabulous use of Lisa's colours.

dj said...

Beautiful quilt patch card in the color combo!! 700 challenges!! How exciting!! It has been so fun to play along with the JUG team over the last 14 years...so many fun challenges...thank for all the great inspiration!! I celebrate with you!!

cm said...

You know I love this quilt die which means I love your card! A great choice for the colours and to celebrate the 700th challenge!
hugs~carol

JoAnn said...

Perfect colors for your lovely quilted card. Love the arrangement of the "quilt" pieces and the thanks sentiment.

JoAnn said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks so much for the prize and the beautiful card you sent. I love it.
JoAnn

Carol said...

You are so welcome JoAnn!