Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thanks

I was browsing Pinterest again, saw a cool graphic style card, and wanted to try to make it. (Hence, the name of my blog) Mine turned out a bit different from the original because of the lines in my wood patterned paper. I saw that my card had the colors in cards I was seeing on my insta feed and decided to share it with the Color Hues Challenge #69 using Teal and Orange.


Here is the card I CASEd by Jean at Studio-jd.com. Hers is just perfect!




Products I used:

PaperTrey Ink: Into the Blooms II dies

My Favorite Things: Thanks die

Patterned papers

Gold glitter washi tape

Concord and 9th: Dew Drops,  mini ink pads

Simon Says Stamp: Sequin, Etched Laurel Leaves dies

Ink blending brushes

I did my die cutting first, then ink blended the flower petals and sentiment. It took me forever to cut those patterned papers at the angle I wanted them, then I arranged them on my white card base. Not quite as simple as it looks! Hoping my papers are neutral enough for the challenge!

I plan to make another card like this with other woodgrain papers. The patterned papers used could give it all different sorts of looks, don't you think?

See you here soon,

-Carol

10 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Love Jean's cards and agree they were definitely CASE-worthy! Love the way you changed your version up with the different wood and that gorgeous two-tone sentiment. Vicky x

Carol said...

Thank you Vicky!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your take on J.D.'s cards, similar but different. TFS

Stef Perry said...

That certainly is a cool graphic design, Carol, and I love your take on the original. I've had to make cards with diagonal cuts and totally agree that it's trickier than one might think, so job well done! I also like the two tone effect on your sentiment. So glad you decided to go ahead and share at Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

Your card is so pretty, I love the wood grain and pretty layout. The flower is gorgeous and I love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Nancy said...

Carol,I can see why you wanted to CASE Jean's cards! What a fun and interesting layout! Love the texture on your leaves and the two-tone greeting! Pretty card and use of our colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

Hi Carol, what a beautiful card ! I love how the BG lines lead your eye to the stunning flower! Great use of our challenge colors too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the design layout and your great use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!!