Saturday, July 29, 2023

You Are Berry Special

Just as I have been enjoying eating summer fruit these past two months, I have been playing with them in the form of stamps and dies, too. I wanted to try out this Pretty Pink Posh strawberry dipped in white chocolate and sanding sugar. Yum! For this week's Just Us Girls Challenge #690 we are asking you to CASE a design team member. Choose a card and make it your own or take inspiration from the colors, elements, etc. Tell us whose card you CASEd and why/how you CASEd it. Here is my Double Decker Pop-Out card:






Products I used:

Pretty Pink Posh: Valentine Mug Additions, Simple Sayings: Life stamp set

Avery Elle: wonky Scalloped Frames dies

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder dies

My Favorite Things: In and Out Stitched Rectangle STAX

Paper Smooches: Fruitastic stamp set

Stampin' Up: Dotted embossing folder

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Pink and Main: White glitter cardstock

I found this card tutorial on You Tube here by Susan Campfield. I used dies to cut my pop out rectangles though because I like stitching and scalloped edges. 

I used an embossing folder for my front panel instead of patterned paper. *It is important to attach all patterned/embossed papers before adding the pop out mechanism. Ask me how I know...

I ink blended the cardstock for the strawberries with green and red inks, then die cut and assembled them.

*I attached the strawberry patterned paper to the card base right side, then added the embossed mat on the left, then the pop out mechanism. (There should also be a strawberry patterned paper in the middle card base section but I put my pop out mechanism in too soon) Then I stamped, decorated and completed the assembly of the card.  It really is simple. I like how there is kind of a surprise when you open the card. It stands easily by itself.
 
I sure hope you will join us this week...it is as easy to CASE one of us by using the colors alone, or use the same style of card or a card's theme. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

-Carol 

8 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fantastic and fun fold this is and I really like all those fresh berries you added to this. I love that there are 3 separate little scenes within this summery-fun card! TFS the tutorial too.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... loving your fun fold!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card. The font is perfect for it

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I visited a friend for a week who does ALL fun folds and I got the fever! LOL!

Nancy said...

Sweet and darling card, Carol. I love that each layer has more strawberries as you go. Janet definitely loves fun folds I think partially because the SU demonstrator that she goes to loves them too.

Lisa Elton said...

Your dipped strawberry looks yummy! Love the fun layers, polka dots and cute berries. This is perfectly delightful and perfectly summery, Carol!

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous and full of sweetness Carol. So refreshing. Love the fold too.

Bobby said...

Fabulous, Carol. That pop out design is so much fun and the strawberries are a great decoration for it.