Saturday, August 5, 2023

Friends

For our Just Us Girls Color Week #691 we are using blue, green and yellow. I was taken by a card by Jen Timko (see kraft card below) and decided that I could make it in our colors this week!




Jen's card from Pinterest


Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Into the Blooms II die set

My Favorite Things: Scalloped Rectangle die

Ellen Hutson: A2 Piercing Plate 2

Pink and Main: Enamel dots

Inkadinkadoo wooden stamp by Dawn Houser: Sentiment

Archival ink: Cobalt ink pad

Various Inks and Ink blending brushes

Adhesive backed foam sheet


All I did was ink up some scrap white card stock and ink blended my flower and frame colors. Then I die cut the flower parts and assembled them. 

I die cut the inked frame (and a foam one) and stamped my sentiment on the center rectangle that cuts out with the scalloped frame. 

Next, I die cut the piercing plate for a background and cut it down to A2 size. I adhered it to the card base. Then I adhered the stamped rectangle and the frame to the card front. 

Last, I adhered the flower and enamel dots to the frame area and was done!

We hope you will find lots of ideas with all of our cards and leave us some pretty blue, green and yellow cards in our gallery! We enjoy them so much!

-Carol


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun CAS card love the layout and the use of the colors

Lisa Elton said...

You CASEd Jen's card beautifully, Carol! I like the whimsical flower you used and the playful font on the sentiment. This is a whole lot of cute!

cm said...

LOVE your take on Jen's card; perfect showcase of this week's colour combination. The flower is so very pretty!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous CASE and I love how you made it your own! I love that amazing flower gracing the edge of the frame and that pierced background looks fantastic! Such a great sentiment, too.

Ina G said...

Fabulous Carol. Great background and that frame really pops showcasing that gorgeous flower. What a super sentiment!

Bobby said...

I love how you framed out the sentiment, Carol, and then added that whimsical flower. Terrific card!

Greta said...

I can see why you liked Jen's card! Great adaptation using the challenge colors!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!