Wednesday, August 9, 2023

CAS Christmas

For the August theme at Christmas Craft Creations we are making CAS (Clean and Simple) cards. This means lots of "white space" with few layers or embellishments as well as something you could reproduce quickly. The white space can be a color, just no pattern on it. I looked around Pinterest and found some ideas and my MFT Santa came up so much that I had to make something with him!





Products I used: 

My Favorite Things: Jingle All the Way stamp set

Copics

Rhinestones

Patterned paper

Wink of Stella pen

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder dies

I Copic-colored my Santa, then fussy cut him. I used a Wink of Stella pen on the brim and pouf ball of his hat. I cut and adhered the notebook paper patterned paper to the corner of my Very Vanilla card base, then stamped my sentiment.  Then I added Santa and some rhinestones. Inside I attached two scalloped die cut rectangles and stamped my sentiment and packages from the same stamp set as Santa. A quick color with Copics and my card was complete!

We hope you will join our CAS challenge which can be a simple as stamping an image in one corner of the card and coloring it. Check out all of the other design team members' cards for ideas! Best part, you have a month to get it done. Our reminder team will have more inspiration for you on August 23rd!

-Carol

4 comments:

laurie said...

What a fun Christmas card...love the santa and sentiment!

Carol said...

Thanks Laurie

Ina G said...

Oh Carol I love angles on a card and this is a beauty with that gorgeous Santa. Fabulous CAS card.

Carol said...

Thank you so much Ina!!!