Saturday, August 12, 2023

Happy B-day

A little play on words for my card today...Our Just Us Girls Challenge #694 Word Week is Bee, and I just bought these towels for a friend as part of a gift. The towel on the left gave me the idea for my bee card.





Products I used:

Spellbinders: Mini Blooms and Sprigs die set

SugarPea Designs: Card Front Element Builder die set

Pink and Main: Banner dies

Stampin Up!: Crazy Mixed-Up Love stamp set (bee), Party This Way stamp set (sentiment), Chalks

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Ink blending brushes

Vellum

Patterned paper

I started by sketching out my layout, then stamping and fussy cutting the bees. I stamped a fussy cut an extra wing for each bee with an extended thin strip below the wing to be able to adhere one behind each whole bee.

Next, I ink blended some white cardstock in yellows and oranges for die cutting my flowers. I added a bit of dark brown chalk to the center of each flower with a pointed Q-tip. I die cut the flower centers and adhered the flower parts together.

I die cut a scalloped rectangle from a piece of bee hive patterned paper, and adhered it to a white A2 card base. 

Next,  I cut a piece of vellum a little bit smaller than the patterned paper. I lined up my flowers and bees where I wanted them on the vellum, then added a glue dot behind each. I bent the wings and petals for a more "real" look. I added more glue dots on the back of the vellum behind each flower and bee, then placed it on top of the scalloped rectangle.

I took a "happy birthday" stamp and covered up part of it to get "Happy B," then stamped just the "day" and added a dash with a marker. I die cut a banner around it and popped it up on foam tape below my grid of flowers and bees.

We hope you will "Bee" able to join us for this fun challenge. Check out all of the team's cards as well as one by our talented guest Greta

See you back here soon,

-Carol

 








15 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol...absolutely love this design layout!

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth!!

Bobby said...

A perfect grid of bees and flowers, Carol. I love that you were inspired by the towel. The vellum over the honeycomb paper is great and kudos for making your own sentiment.

Nancy said...

This is absolutely perfect in every way! Love the use of vellum to soften the card as well. Awesome job!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lots of interest on the card. Love the popped up vellum panel 🐝

Lisa Elton said...

This could not BEE any cuter! I love what the vellum panel adds to your design and your fussy cutting skills on those bees is impressive! Cute towels too ;)

Greta said...

Love that the towel you bought inspired your card & I do love everything about your card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this and the towel you were inspired by! That honeycomb background with the vellum overlay is the perfect backdrop for your pretty flowers and adorable little bees.

cm said...

I love everything about your card, Carol! And how wonderful that your tea towel provided inspiration. Card + towel will make a lovely gift ensemble for your friend.
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!!!

Ina G said...

Fabulous inspiration from that lovely tea towel. Gorgeous card Carol with so many lovely elements and layers. 'Bee'autiful.

Lisa Kind said...

Well first of all, I love that towel! Great inspiration for your card. I love how you placed all the elements on the vellum. This is a beautiful card. I’m sure your friend will love it and the towels!




RitaR said...

Really love your design! I was looking for ideas for a birthday card for my teenage granddaughter .... this is a perfect design for her! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with your readers!

Carol said...

Thank you Ina, Lisa and Rita!!