Sunday, August 13, 2023

Thanks a Melon

I don't know how I don't own a watermelon stamp, but I don't. When I saw the Color Throwdown CTD755: Red, Yellow, Green and White, I decided that a watermelon would use three of the four colors and I would figure out a way to add yellow. So I took out my circle dies and got started.






For my CAS card I cut the largest circle out of patterned paper, and two more out of white cardstock. I got out my distress ink pads and ink blended a yellowy-green (Twisted Citron) on the middle-sized one and Candied Apple on the smallest. I adhered the circles to each other, sprayed them with a little water, and cut the layered circles in half. Next, I die cut small hearts (MFT Love Speech Bubbles) out of black cardstock and adhered them to the watermelon slice. I used a post it note to mask off a section toward the bottom of my card, then ink blended with Fossilized Amber to add a yellow ground my scene. I stamped my sentiment from a fruity set (Orange You Sweet?) by Concord and 9th and was done! If I stare at the slice of watermelon a bit with my head turned to the side, I convince myself that the stripes make it 2D. (I meant to cut it with vertical stripes.)

That's it for today. See you back here soon!

-Carol 




No comments: