Saturday, August 19, 2023

Seaside Moodboard

I just love this seaside-themed moodboard that Bobby came up with for our Just Us Girls Challenge #693 this week! Wait until you see all the cards the team made too! Be sure to click on their names above the photos to get all the details on their projects! This week we are delighted to have our August guest Greta, too. Here is my take on the moodboard, starting with inspiration from the tortoise shell glasses, tassels, sunhat, seashells, "sandals" and different textures/patterns.







Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Beach Bag die set (So many details like faux stitching and fringe)

Adhesive-backed cork sheet

Patterned cardstock (aqua background)
 
Patterned papers (gold embossed shell print, jaguar print, plaid)

3D "beach read book" I created via the internet (The Life & Love of the Sea by Lewis Blackwell)

I used some scrapbook paper with jaguar print on it to make the sunglasses and flip flops first. Then I cut the sole of the flip flops with a piece of adhesive-backed cork. I die cut and assembled the beach bag and hat using patterned papers. The tassels on the beach bag are die cut and added individually, and can be fluffed up to look like real ones. Using foam tape, I popped up almost everything on the card for dimension. My card is 5" x 5" square.

We hope you will jump on the moodboard wagon this week and put together card using anything from colors to patterns, to textures and elements pictured. There is a lot to take inspiration from yet it is all one cohesive theme.

We're waiting to see your creations in our gallery!

-Carol


12 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Look at how creative you are! Carol... this is the funnest card. The glasses, tassels and Beach read (my current one is Happy Place, Emily Henry) are over the top! Congrats on a fab card!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth! Nancy got it for her bday!

Bobby said...

Your card is so creative and full of details from the photo, Carol. I love the foil seashell paper on the bag, the cork flip flops (like mine) and the little beach read book.

Carol said...

Thanks Bobby! It was such a good moodboard! So much to chose from one theme!!!

Nancy said...

I have the honor to have this card and could not love it anymore! Now I have to figure out which card in my studio is coming down so I can replace it with this one! The shrine of Carol is very large! You nailed this challenge and this could not have turned out any better!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy! Good job having a birthday right after I got this die set in the mail!!

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a tote full of beachy fun! You tucked in so many wonderful details. What a fabulous card, Carol!

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful beach tote with everything inside needed for a day at the beach!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous inspired card! Such a fun beach bag with all the goodies :)

Carol said...

Thanks ladies...it's a fun set!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh this is amazing! I love the tote you created and all the elements from the photo that you added to it. What a fabulous card!

cm said...

Commenting late; time ran away on me.
Your "tortoise shell glasses, tassels, sunhat, seashells, "sandals" and different textures/patterns" combination makes for one awesome card! Talk about an inspired take on the moodboard!
hugs~carol