Saturday, August 19, 2023

Keep on Swimming!!

I am not ready to let go of summer stamping and when I saw that the Global Design Project GDP407 theme is Water Creatures, I was excited to have a real reason to make another beachy card!




Products I used:

Birch Press Design: No One Like You stamp set

Simon Says Stamp: Under the Sea Animals stamp set and dies, gems

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Distress inks

Gina K: Fine Detail white embossing powder

Versamark ink pad

Versafine Onyx Black ink pad

Copic markers

Using my Misti, I stamped, then heat embossed the fish stamp onto a white panel, then ink blended all over it, wiping off the excess with a rag so the white embossing was bright and shiny. I die cut, stamped and colored the turtle with Copic markers, then popped him up on foam tape on the panel where the light was coming into the water. I trimmed the embossed panel down to be a little smaller than A2, then popped it up on an A2 white card base. I stamped and die cut the sentiment from the same set as the turtle, then popped it up on the front panel. I placed some gems to look like bubbles underwater and the card was complete!

I don't use this fish stamp enough...it came with lots of sentiments that could be used with other stamps and dies. Also, the fish stamp itself is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"! Hopefully I can make a few more summer cards before fall takes over!

-Carol


No comments: