Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Sending You Sunshine

I'm still hanging on to summer and making beachy cards. When I saw that Time Out Challenges #245 is Colorful, I knew what I was going to make. I was definitely inspired by the bright, fun colors in their photo!



Most of this card was made using a stamp and die set from Concord and 9th from a class they gave early last spring. I added the Sending You Sunshine sentiment from SugarPea Designs and a postal die from The Greetery. 

I had to create a postage stamp to fit the sentiment and space on my card, so I cut one of my smallish postal dies, then cut that one down more by placing the same die at the width I wanted my postage stamp to be. 

I used washi tape to mask off things and make stripes as I don't have the stencils that go with the C & 9th sets. I popped up all of the postage stamps on foam tape for dimension except the large one used as a mat. I ink blended all of the postage stamps, again using washi tape to mask off the edges of each stamp to keep them white like a real stamp.

It was fun to make because I love all things nautical. I think it fits the "colorful" description for the challenge as well.

See you soon,

-Carol


5 comments:

Karen said...

This is awesome! I love everything about it!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Karen!!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is such a beautiful and colorful Summer card, Karen. I really love the way you have created all these beautiful postage stamps. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Debbie said...

Love it

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS, Carol. What a labor lf love. All your work really had a wonderful result. I love all things nautical as well. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Time Out. It's always a joy to see you in the gallery!