Sunday, July 9, 2023

Thanks

These Papertrey Ink flowers from the Into the Blooms II die set can take on all kinds of looks depending on the color and arrangement. I saw an example on Pinterest here and took off from there for my Double Bridge card. I am playing along at Freshly Made Sketches #593.




Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Into the Blooms II dies

Ellen Hutson: A2 Piercing Plate 2

My Favorite Things: Thanks die

Distress ink

I die cut the flowers and ink blended the edges, then assembled them. I die cut the leaves and assembled them as well. Next, I created my card base with heavy white cardstock, then cut a panel from the Piercing plate die. I cut down the panel to mat the front and sides of the bridge "towers," then started arranging the flowers and leaves.  I glued them on one by one making them "bridge the two front sides of the "towers." Next, I die cut the "thanks" and ink blended the bottom edge to sort of match the flowers. Then I cut two more "thanks" to strengthen the word and glued it to the front of the flowers to mimic the sketch. The tutorial for the double bridge is here by Debbie Mageed. It's pretty easy!!

So now I'm off to clean up my desk and jump in the pool since the "feels like" temp is 104 degrees. Hoping for rain for our poor grass an other vegetation!

-Carol


3 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the tropical colors and pretty flowers on this cool card! Your double bridge card worked perfectly with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

These bold colors are just fantastic! Such a fun card. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!!