Saturday, July 8, 2023

Sending a Summer Hello

Do you collect seashells when you go to a beach? I look for unusual ones that are not broken and that have good color. Here is another summery card I made for our Just Us Girls Challenge #687 Word Week: Seashells. Lots of fussy cutting and coloring, but it really came together easily. I am sharing my card over at Inspired By Challenge Sea Decor IB245 with my wreath made of seashells. I was inspired by their challenge photo's blues, and the round frame...in addition to the sea theme. And finally, I am sharing my card over at Less is More, B is for Beach.










Products I used:

Ellen Hutson, I think: (seashells and sea plants stamp set...no longer have the packaging)

Simon Says Stamp: Sea You Soon stamp set, Holographic Rainbows Sequins

Versafine Onyx Black ink pad

Prismacolor pencils


I stamped the shells on scraps of white cardstock, then colored them with my pencils. I fussy cut them and arranged them around a circle I die cut recently. I glued the shells along the edge, then stamped my sentiment in the center. I glued the circle of shells to the front of an A2 card base, added a few sequins, and I was finished! As you can see in the pictures, the sequins sparkle differently with varying light.

Please join us this week for our seashell challenge! We love seeing your creations! And you can possibly be a future guest designer for a month with us!

-Carol




17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun wreathe of shells!

cm said...

You fussy cut this wreath? I'm marveling at your skill! Such a pretty wreath, especially with the soft colours.
We don't have shell-collecting beaches in Alberta; we do, however, have fossilized ones at Drumheller, the town with the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology that hosts the world's largest collection of dinosaur fossils under one roof. Haven't been there for ages; may need to plan a road trip.
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I couldn't think of what to do with shells and all of a sudden it popped into my head.

Nancy said...

Wow, that is a lot of fussy cutting! Your card is terrific that is for sure! I love the soft coloring and how you left the edges white! Great card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am in awe of your beautiful, fussy cut shells! What a fabulous wreath and made with so much love. Love the soft coloring on those pretty shells, too.

Lisa Elton said...

This was worth every bit of fussy cutting and coloring! I adore this card, Carol! We did bring some shells back from Mexico and we have some from our Air Force time in Florida. I have a sand collection too. Pretty little bottles from lighthouses and beaches visited!

Bobby said...

I remember my Mom and I making mirrors with seashells around it, Carol. Your wreath is so cute and colorful. Too bad you had to fussy cut all the shells. I used to gather shells when we went to Gulf Shores and walked the beach. I made Christmas ornaments out of some of them.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful seashell wreath here with the great sentiment inside - boy, that IS a lot of fussy cutting!

Carol said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

baileyrosy.com said...

I can't fussy cut to save my life you did an amazing job.Beautifully coloured and such a fantastic design.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at LIM.

Marie

Carol said...

Thank you so much!

Ina G said...

OMG my poor fingers woukd be sore after fussy cutting all those beautifully coloured shells creating that awesome wreath Carol. Stunning and what a fabulous big sentiment.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card and I love fussy cutting but wow! Good job! Thanks for playing at Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies... I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Kathyk said...

Super summery make

Kathyk

Lisa Kind said...

Oh wow! Look at all that fussy cutting (something I absolutely avoid if at all possible!). This is so clever and so pretty!

Fiona said...

this is lovely, perfect shimmery subtle colours and great fussy cutting.

thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.
Fi
x