Tuesday, July 4, 2023

4th of July Card

Happy 4th of July!! It sure arrived quickly, didn't it? I wanted to make at least one 4th of July card this year and today I had just enough time to break out this Concord and 9th set after seeing Shirley Sipe Ropelotto's  beach version (Recently saw her cool card in a Facebook group we are both a part of) with this set. I have been saving the stars and stripes patterned paper for months just for this holiday! I am playing along over at The Paper Players Challenge PP647 At the Beach! I'm also sharing this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Summer Moodboard!






Simon Says Stamp Summer Moodboard




Products I used:

Concord and 9th: Weekend Market Dies

Simon Says Stamp: Sentiment strip, Drifting Stitches Border dies

Spellbinders: flip flop dies from Day at the Beach die set

Star sprinkles

The Weekend Market die set is pretty straight forward but I changed the long sleeved shirt to sleeveless and the pants to shorts by fussy cutting the sleeve into an arm and pants into shorts. There is an anklet because the foot and leg dies are two pieces and I wanted to cover that line...but I also love those tiny stars! I popped up the shirt and the foot on the bent leg with foam squares for dimension.

Hope your holiday is a good one!

-Carol



11 comments:

Karen said...

Another wonderfully creative card! I love it.

Carol said...

Thank you Karen!!!

Suzanne said...

Carol, I love your card! It is such a fun July 4th card and it certainly a terrific beach card. I love the ankle bracelet, so fun! Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players challenge this week.

Fran Wing said...

I was hoping someone would do a 4th of July card for LeAnne's challenge and here you are, Carol! Everything about this card is perfect - the red and white striped background, the blue stars, and the dimensional layering of the "beach lady". Thank you for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Carol said...

Thank you ladies. It was fun to make!!!

I Card Everyone said...

I saw it and HAD TO find out how you made it! lol
Carol, this is worthy of all the fireworks today!
=]

Kristin Sluhan said...

SO cute! Love the changes you made to the die to make it work for this layut, Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I'm excited to be joining you all this month!

LeAnne said...

What a fun card! Love the patriotic theme that you incorporated into it as well! Nothing like a beach holiday on the 4th of July! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week, using my Beachy theme!

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies! This is a versatile set!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Carol, I LOVE this! The bare feet and little flip flops are the cutest. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thank you so much!!