Saturday, July 1, 2023

Pastel Flamingos

I'm back with a card style I CASEd from Kathya Kalinine whose sweater cards are SO cute!!!!!! This week lovely Elizabeth is our hostess and she created our Just Us Girls Challenge #686 Color Week using only pastels. This is what I came up with for it.




Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Circle dies 

My Favorite Things: Single Stitch Circle Frame dies

Hero Arts: Color Layering Waves stamp set

Random pastel buttons, cardstock and patterned paper

If you have ever lived in a warm/hot climate you know that indoor public places are over-air conditioned and you need to bring a light sweater along. That is how this pastel sweater fits in...and imagine the card possibilities using patterned papers with a variety of designs year round on them? I made this for my local friend Nancy who, like me, loves all things coastal.  Watch the video linked above for the tutorial by Kathya. She gives great tips throughout that save you from mistakes and give you more ideas. (It is basically a gate fold card, cut at the top with a circle die.)

We hope you will join us for this pastel week of card design...it's an easy one and we love seeing your ideas in our gallery!

See you soon,

-Carol

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is adorable!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I SO love this, Carol. I totally get the connection now after reading the part about over AC places in hot climes an needing a light sweater. A FABULOUS combination of supplies and a fabulous card. I have to try this!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... such a fab card! Can't wait to check out the video!

Nancy said...

It is so nice to have this fabulous card on display in my studio! Thanks, friend!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun idea! This is so cute!

Ina G said...

Oh so sweet and adorable Carol. Very clever.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this! Such an adorable sweater with those flamingoes. Great design.

Bobby said...

What a great idea, Carol. When I first saw it I thought it was a baby gown and I guess you could use it for that and make a baby card. The flamingo paper is so cute.

cm said...

You already know I'm crushing over and smitten with this sweet card, but just thought I'd tell you again. Absolutely awesome!
hugs~carol