Saturday, June 24, 2023

Thinking of You

I finally got this cute little snorkeling flamingo and he just cracks me up! The flippers and mask are so cute! Our Just Us Girls CAS Challenge #685 is Thinking of You, so I decided that this little guy is missing its friend. Won't you join us this week with this theme that could go with just about any design?




Products I used:

Avery Elle: Flamazing stamp set

My Favorite Things: Inside and Out Stitched Circle Dies

Altenew: Artist Markers 

Simon Says Stamp: Custom Copic Friendly White Cardstock

Stampin' Up!: Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (sentiment), Sea Street stamp set (school of fish)

Prismacolor pencils

Concord and 9th: Mini ink cubes

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad


First I die cut a circle out of my A2 card front.  Then I stamped the flamingo on the circle. I stamped it again on a Post-it note and fussy cut it to be a mask. Then I masked off the sky, the water, then the sand to ink blend the background. I removed the flamingo's mask and colored it. I stamped the school of fish on each side and added the sentiment. I adhered the circle to the inside of the card and that finished it!!

Check out the team and guest's cards for inspiration and join us in the gallery! We love seeing your projects!

-Carol


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol...sooo cute!

Nancy said...

This certainly made me smile! Awesome card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Total FUN! He made me smile

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is just too darn cute! I love that little snorkeling flamingo standing on that perfect beach. Awesome masking on this. This definitely makes me feel happy!

cm said...

You've created a wonderful scene inside the circle, Carol. The snorkeling flamingo is a cutie for sure; hope his friends will join him for some beach-time fun!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as it gets, Carol!! It reminds me of myself, my hubby and our son last week in Mexico!! Love this so much, Carol!!

Bobby said...

What a fun card, Carol. That flamingo is darling and beautifully colored. I love how you created a beach place for him.

TK said...

Sweet and cute, your card is adorable! Love the flamingo, he is definitely flamazing!

Ina G said...

Cute and adorable Carol. Such a fabulous fun card. Your background is just perfect and love how you have popped the circle die.

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh how cute! I love it! That flamingo is so adorable!