Saturday, June 17, 2023

Let's Vacay

For our Just Us Girls Photo/Moodboard #684 I CASEd a card I just loved from the My Favorite Things blog, but I don't own their sandcastle dies, so I had to make my own. From our challenge photo of the beach huts I got the idea of a sandcastle made on that same beach while staying in one of the huts for the day/week. I am also entering it at AAA Cards Challenge: Everything Beach.







Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Sand and Surf (wave dies), Beach Bungalow dies set (flag)

Simon Says Stamp CZ Design: Sentiment Strips Chill Summer

Concord and 9th: Mini ink cubes

Watercolor paper

Postal edge scissors

Buttons Galore: Seaside Holiday sequins mix

Stampin' Up!: Brown marker, Classic ink pad in Bermuda Bay

Gelly Roll: White gel pen

This mini slimline card base is a size I like to make...more than the large slimlines because there is less space to fill. First, I die cut and ink blended a scrap of white cardstock for the water, then used my white pen to add sea foam on one edge. I then die cut and ink blended a beige-y piece of cardstock to look like the sand. I also ink blended on watercolor paper to get the shades of the sandcastle that I wanted, then hand cut the pieces and built it. I added a little spatter then some sand details with a white pen and brown marker. All that was left was to pick a sentiment and add the beachy sequins. I love the little shell sequin best! I also like how the sentiment makes a verb out of the word vacation: Let's vacay!

Please join us this week for this summery, seashore card inspiration! Or, if you wish, just use the colors!
-Carol





11 comments:

TK said...

Love your cute scene, and great use of your ingenuity to make those sandcastles! Love the wavy tops and turrets -- a beach sure invokes a calmer spirit, doesn't it?

Vicki Dutcher said...

You and Elizabeth were definitely on the same page! Fun sandcastle

ElizStewart said...

Carol...like minds! Love your sand castle!

Nancy said...

I love this card so much! The sandcastle is darling as is the tiny sentiment. Well done!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

sentsue said...

Such a fun idea for a card. Thanks for sharing your work on the AAA Cards challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I'm ready for a vacay on a beach like that! Fabulous beachy scene with your pretty water and perfect sand. Love your adorable sandcastle, too.

Bobby said...

Making a sand castle from paper is a lot cleaner than making one from sand, Carol, and you did a great job creating one. That seashell sequin adds authenticity to your lovely beach.

Ina G said...

Fabulous little sand castles Carol and what a super simple beach scene.

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute sandcastle and I love the pop of red from the little flag! Delightful card, Carol!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my goodness I love how you were inspired this week! This is so cute! I love this beach scene.