Saturday, June 3, 2023

Peace

I didn't intend for one of my June projects to be a winter/holiday card, but the hues for our Just Us Girls Color Challenge #682: Blue, Purple and Light Grey seemed like a December/January palette given this store-bought alcohol ink patterned paper that I ran across in my stash. (So, the paper drove the design of the whole card.) I guess it never hurts to get a head start on holiday cards!




Products I used:

Pink and Main: Inked Oasis paper pack

Sizzix for Stampin' Up!: Decorative Strip Northern Frost die

Simon Says Stamp: Holographic Rainbows sequins

Dotted vellum

Glue dots

Easy card to make and I have discovered that I love this variety pack of Pink and Main alcohol inked-look colors!!! Glad I broke them out! I used glue dots behind my word to adhere the vellum to the card base. That's it for my card!

You don't have to make a holiday card, but we sure hope you will join us with these pretty colors! Maybe some hydrangeas or other pretty summer flowers?

-Carol


13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow - excellent way to use the colors! That paper couldn't of been more perfect :)

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Vicki, what luck was that paper! Delightful card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

TK said...

You're right - LOVE the paper used for the sentiment -- such a wonderful color combo and so perfect for a frosty card!

Carol said...

Thank you TK!

Stef Perry said...

A breathtaking card, Carol! I think I need those papers lol!

Nancy said...

So pretty! Love the way you did the Peace and the dotted vellum was a nice touch. I look at your card and said yikes, am I behind on Christmas cards this year.

Kate said...

This is stunning Carol! Hugs, Kate!

Bobby said...

I can see why you wanted to use that paper, Carol. It's gorgeous! Getting a start on Christmas cards is a bonus and this one is lovely.

ElizStewart said...

Carol...am going to check out those Pink and Main papers! Love your card.

Ina G said...

Simple and simply gorgeous Carol.

cm said...

So glad you let the paper drive your card theme and design; your Peace + snowflakes are a lovely combination!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Totally awesome use of this week's colors! Love that sentiment cut from that gorgeous paper and that gray linen card base looks fabulous paired with the snowflakes and vellum strip.