Sunday, June 4, 2023

Happy Birthday America!

I love red, white and blue used together and this is the time of the year to make things in these colors. The Card Concept #196 {Patriotic Picnic} Challenge gave me the inspiration to do so. The stars and stripes and the little bit of kraft in the colors at the bottom of their very festive photo not only influenced me to make my clean and layered card, but now I want to have another picnic (at home) like we did last Monday on Memorial Day, including cherry turnovers. Yum! Here is the result of the photo inspiration. I also entered my card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge (Wednesday Challenge) this week having used their Dimensional Rectangles stencils for this card!






Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Dimensional Rectangles stencil

Reverse Confetti: Star dies

Pink and Main: Banner die

Distress Inks

Rhinestones

Computer generated sentiment


I started by stenciling my (stripe-y) rectangles for a flag shape. They also remind me of nautical flags on boats with their geometric designs. I probably should have turned them horizontally like our flag, but the card is vertical so I matched it in orientation. Next I created an A2 card base and a panel just a bit smaller. I die cut the star off of the right edge of the panel so that my stenciling would show. I adhered the stenciled panel to the card front, then popped up the star die cut panel with foam tape on top. I cut some star dies and adhered them to the card with some rhinestones. I made the sentiment, then cut it out with a banner die.

Hope your summer holidays are fun this year, wherever you are and whatever you choose to do!

-Carol

4 comments:

Kate said...

Fabulous design - love the stars and striped flags! Great idea to cut the large star off the page! Hugs, Kate!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Kate!!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful July 4th creation! Fabulous design. I love that stencil, and I really like the orientation. The rectangles still put me in mind of flags regardless of the fact that they are not flying sideways! Clean, crisp and perfect for America's birthday!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Stephanie!