Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Swimming By to Say Hi

Here is another card I have wanted to make for a long while...I have seen a couple of them out there and thought it was too cute not to try to make my own version. I am linking up with the Inkspirational Challenge #291 Seasonal. Of course my card is Summer...I remember my mother taking me as a young girl to see water ballet, and I thought it was SO COOL! She took me to a lot of things she thought I would enjoy. Here is my card!





Products I used:

Avery Elle: Splash stamp and die sets

Honey Bee Stamps: Swimming By stamp set

Concord and 9th: Dew Drops

My Favorite Things: Perfect Pool Water stencil

Stampin' Up!: Bermuda Bay Classic ink pad

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Prismacolor pencils

Scoreboard

I cut a heavy piece of 5" x 5" white cardstock and stenciled the pool water. Next, I die cut, then stamped the water ballerinas and colored them with my pencils. I arranged them on the pool and adhered them. Next I searched my stash for a sentiment, and found this one that I thought fit the scene well. After I stamped it, I cut two sets of border strips for height. I could have gone a couple more high, but maybe next time. I scored each strip every 1/2" to look like tiles on the edge of the pool. Then I adhered the four strips, mitering the corners. I am going to leave it like this and write a message on the back (gently, so the writing doesn't make an impression to the front side of the pool). I could make an easel or a card base to attach it to also. This was really fun to create. I'll be making another soon.

See you back here soon,

-Carol


5 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love this, Carol. So happy to see that you used the pool water stencil. It looks great. Love your water ballet scene - those swimmers are perfect for that. Fab card.

Pia S said...

This is a super design using repetetive stamping and I love the effect of the stencilled water. It's such a cool summer design, thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! It was a lot of fun to make!!

cm said...

Hello sweet Carol...popping in to let you know that your delightful water ballerinas are a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Yayyy! Thank you so much for playing along; hope you'll do so often.
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Hello sweet Carol right back atcha! So excited with this news!!! So many (67!!!) great cards in the gallery!! Thank you!