Friday, June 2, 2023

Happy Birthday America

I have been wanting to make 4th of July cards because I love the bright colors that can be used for the look of fireworks that pop in the sky on certain holidays like the one coming in just a month. Here is the first card I came up with...and I realized that it is a birthday theme and can be part of the Seize the Birthday #262 Make it Pop





Products I used:

The Greetery: Pinwheel Party Stencils

Lawn Fawn: Henry's ABCs die set

Stampin' Up!: Independence Day stamp set (on wood..older set)

Concord and 9th: Mini ink cubes

Rhinestones

This stencil set is really fun and easy to use. I cut out all of the pinwheels that I stencilled and popped some up on the card base with foam tape. I stenciled more pinwheels to be able to cut out my fireworks-inspired "America" letters like I saw Kelly Lunceford do here. She is soooooo creative and talented! 

I love all kinds of fireworks shows...as long as they are not too loud/close to me. Do you? I hope to make more cards for the 4th soon. See you right back here.

-Carol





3 comments:

Nancy said...

Carol, I was happy to see this in our gallery today at Seize the Birthday. You certainly caught my attention with the mix of colors, pretty pinwheels, and fun letters. Such a great 4th of July card. Thanks for playing along. Enjoy your weekend.

Carol said...

Thank you Nancy!

shirley-bee said...

A party on a card! Love all the colours and pinwheels, and I’m sure I can hear fireworks going off! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳