Saturday, May 27, 2023

Near the Sea

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #681 CAS Card Week, our sweet Lisa E. chose Silhouette for the theme. I was excited to make this style of card and it is quite simple once you pick your focal point. If you wanted to make a set of cards as a gift, this would be a good technique to use.




Products I used: 

Stampin' UP!: Wetlands stamp set

PSX: wooden sentiment stamp

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Concord and 9th: mini ink cubes

Blending brushes

I made my mini slimline card base, then cut a white panel slightly smaller and started ink blending the sand and sky. I stamped my sentiment stamp in the middle, then stamped half of the birds on the left and the other half on the right side of the sentiment. My sentiment stamp includes the flying birds, sea grass, shell, and little hills of sand all in one. I did a one layer panel but matted it with a sliver of black before putting it on my card base. These are old stamps that I have had for a very long time, but beachy stamps don't go out of style, right?!!

We sure hope you will join us this week. This challenge is as easy as making a background and stamping an image in black on it. Will you join us?

-Carol


14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous beach scene!

Nancy said...

Such a wonderful slimline card. Love your soft colors and of course the birds. That sentiment is wonderful too!

Jeanne H said...

A wonderful card! You are so lucky to have that PSX stamp.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this, it's so pretty! Your ink blending is perfection for this fabulous scene, Carol. I hear the beach calling my name!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love this card, Carol. I love your sea and sky ink blending. The sandpipers and sea grass are the perfect compliment to that wonderful sentiment. I am in our place by the sea now, and there is no place I'd rather be!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your beach scene is fabulous! Your background is beautifully blended and I love all of those little sea birds and grasses. Love how you stamped the sentiment, too.

Kate said...

Love your beautifully blended beach scene! I have been in love with PSX sentiment stamp for over 25 years - it's perfect with this silhouette stamp! Hugs, Kate

Carol said...

Thank you one and all. It really was quite a simple card. Makes me want to make more silhouettes in the future!

Greta said...

Beautiful scene! Love the silhouette images!

cm said...

A beautiful background; perfect for your beach scene! Love this!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

I can see why you've kept these stamps, Carol. It's a wonderful sentiment and I love the little sandpipers.

Ina G said...

Fabulous silhouette card Carol and such soft colours - perfect beach scene with those fun birds.

Lisa Kind said...

I love this card! Those birds are so cute paired with that lovely sentiment.