Friday, May 26, 2023

Collect Beautiful Moments

I have been looking at Woodblock Wednesday over on Amy Tsuruta's blog, Tsuruta Designs, and decided to make a card using one of my MANY woodblock stamps for the current challenge.  I have TONS of these stamps and this challenge gives me a reason to keep using them amongst all the new stamps I am accumulating. Here is what I came up with as school gets out for the summer here today.





Products I used:

Woodblock of four beachy images by Embossing Arts Co. 1993

Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker sentiments

Versafine Onyx black ink

Patterned papers

I have been in a beachy mood and it probably shows in the cards I have been making lately. This was a simple card and I even stamped first on copy paper to see if I liked it if I colored the images...but I didn't. I popped up the images for dimension after I matted them with wave patterned papers.  I think that participating in Woodblock Wednesdays will help me uncover old favorites that I really should be using.

See you back here soon,

-Carol

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE your clean + simple design. It really is beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Carol said...

Thanks Amy!!! Love your card too with that adorable sentiment stamp and the colors!!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a fantastic card - I really love that stamp and the way you used it here. I have a wood block stamp cube like this with a shell image on each surface. I have to pay attention to wood block Wednesday. It's so good to see these amazing images from deep within crafters' stashes. This is just beautiful and I agree that leaving it uncolored was the way to go.

Carol said...

Thanks Stephanie!!!