Monday, May 22, 2023

It's a Boy!

My daughter's lifelong friend just revealed that she is expecting a baby boy, so I had an excuse to make a baby card today. I noticed that The Paper Players CAS Challenge PP641 is to use one (only) of something. I thought that someone could be knitting some baby booties or a sweater for the upcoming newborn and this lamb from Jane's Doodles is so cute that I went with it for my card.




I quickly crocheted a little "knitted" piece/made a yarn ball to cover the stamped ones. I don't know why it looks so knotted up and thick because it doesn't in person. It was a simple little detail I wanted to add. I figured that the little bit of texture on the front of the card would not matter if it is put in the box with the baby gift, without an envelope.

Products I used:

Jane's Doodles: Seamus stamp set

Baker's twine

Versafine Onyx Black ink

Pink and Main: Enamel dots

Distress inks for ink blending

Chalk for rosy cheeks

Prismacolor pencil for ear and hoof color

A fun make and I know that the mommy-to-be (and the grandmother-to-be who is my friend) will enjoy it.

See you back here soon!

-Carol 

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol this is a fantastic image for a CAS card - dare I say with the addition of the knitting 'ewe' have outdone yourself lol!! So simple yet so effective - I'm sure the Mum-to-be and Grandma-to-be will love it too! Thanks for playing along with my CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Joanne!!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh...this is the cutest thing ever!!! Love the simplicity of it but you really kicked it up notches with that knitting! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Carol said...

Thank you LeAnne!!!!!!