Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sail Away with Me

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #680 this week our teammate Bobby chose a beautiful photo/moodboard for your inspiration! My jumping off point was the map, obviously. I tried to pull out the moodboard's dominant colors (red, orange, yellow, green, teal, aqua, navy) and the painting behind the sofa (A sailing/beach scene? I often read "the beach" into things I see.) My map card is also inspired by our local islands off the coast and also by several of The Greetery's samples using this set.










Products I used:

The Greetery: Destination Summer map die/stamp/die sets; Postal die set

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Ranger Distress inks

Stampin' Up!: Classic ink pads

Prismacolor pencils

In the past I have stenciled the map onto my card when using these sets. I think this is the first time I've made an inlaid map using one of the Destination map dies.  The inlay looks so clean to me. I first die cut the map on an A2 size piece of white cardstock. Then I cut around the resulting map with the postal die.  I removed the inner sections of the map and ink blended them to look like water, sand and grass areas. I stamped and die cut elements to add to the map, then arranged them on the map until I was happy with their placement. I adhered some with glue directly onto the panel and popped others up with foam tape. I used a smaller postage die from the same set as the larger one to cut around the stamped sentiment, but had to cut it twice, moving the die to end up with a smaller rectangle to fit perfectly around the words. I had to show you my favorite plate/dish that I use for tropical place settings and lots of my beachy card photos. I have only four of these dishes but wish I had bought eight.

We hope you will find something in our photo/moodboard that makes you want to play along this week. The colors alone are beautiful and fun to use! Hope to see you in our gallery!

-Carol





14 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is amazing! I love the beautifully ink blended inlaid pieces for your water, beach and grassy areas and those palm trees are gorgeous. This was truly a work of love!

Carol said...

Aww, thanks Sue!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I was so intrigued by this card in the DT gallery that I went and looked up the stamp. I have never bought anything from the Greetery but I found so much fun stuff. Absolutely loving your trip to Florida with this card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun ariel view of the beach!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! Yes, Elizabeth, The Greetery is always so tempting with their amazing stamps and dies!!!!

Kate said...

Love this bird's eye view of this gorgeous holiday destination! Hugs, Kate!

Stef Perry said...

I just had to stop by and get a better look at your totally fabulous card Carol! The inlay looks so pretty with how you used the mood board colors and I love all the little details like the bike and car with the surfboard, and of course the sailboat under the midday sun! All your cards are amazing but this has to be one of my favorites!

Bobby said...

I love your design, Carol. It must have been fun adding all those elements to your map. Wonderful card!

Lisa Elton said...

I want to go there and ride a bike around that happy little place! This is such a delightful card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!! It is such a fun set to play with in so many ways!!!

cm said...

Awe-mazing, Carol! Your beach scene map is so much fun! I want to hop on the bike and go for a tour of that 'local' tropical setting of yours! Your plate...oh my! So pretty!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks Carol!

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, I have this set and it was so hard not to reach for it again - which I must do soon!
Your card is perfection!
=] Michele
ps sorry I wasn't clear on how I made my card? I don't have your email and your comment is 'no reply'.

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun colourful and oh soooo creative Carol. Love it!