Monday, May 15, 2023

Use Your Wings

The Color Throwdown Challenge #742 is orange, aqua, lilac and black. As I was browsing Pinterest I saw a cool layout using tags. I just love tags of all shapes and sizes and decided to combine the challenge colors with the tag idea I saw here on the Dinky Doodles and Inches blog.






I used various tag dies that I own and ones from a friend's die collection. I used temporary adhesive to attach them to my glass mat working surface in this configuration.Then, I ink blended with distress ink, stamped in black with a variety of old wooden line drawing images from my stash. I adhered the tags to my card with foam tape for dimension. Finally I grabbed some Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers for my sentiments. I think this will make a good graduation card. I also think that using just one bigger stamp would look good covering most of the tags and plan to try that in the future.

Check back soon! I am adding cards often!

-Carol

4 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a fantastic design and way of using these wonderful colors. So much interest, so fun to look at.

Carol said...

Thanks so much Stephanie!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love the colors and the way you used the tags. Amazing!

Kate said...

Now that's clever! And I love these colours! Hugs, Kate!