Saturday, May 13, 2023

Happily Ever After

Our talented teammate Lisa K. created the Just Us Girls Word Week #679: Wedding. My husband and I don't attend too many weddings anymore but our daughter is on the bridesmaid circuit of life, being Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid quite a bit these days. This gives me a reason to make wedding and shower cards more frequently. Here is my latest for our challenge.




Products I used:

Pinkfresh Studio: Built on Dreams stamp, die and stencil sets

Concord and 9th: Happy Day Dies, Mini ink cubes

Mini adhesive pearl hearts

Stampin' Up!: White ribbon

I fell in love with these stamps, dies and stencils quite a while ago. I have one project in progress for Christmas from last year, but I decided to stop and make this little house with stenciling for a wedding theme when paired with the Concord and 9th sentiments. There are 5 layering stencils and they are pretty easy to use! In order to "wedding it up" I added the tiny pearl hearts all over the front. I also stenciled a teeny bit inside to carry over the design from the front. I could have made a hinge for the two houses to be joined, but I wanted to have a pretty ribbon involved, so I used my Crop-o-dile to punch a hole on the side to thread the ribbon through and tie a bow. My card measures 5" x 4" but you could stamp directly on a card base or stamp and die cut the house to put on a card base.

We hope you will join us this week. Even if you don't need a wedding card, a "Love" card with some embellishments could work. Check our the design team's ideas and see you in our gallery!

-Carol

17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stenciled card! Fun shape too

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!!!

cm said...

Totally x a zillion LOVE this!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you Carol!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you made a shaped card and you stenciled it beautifully! This is fabulous, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!!!!

Ina G said...

So so pretty and what a fun fold. So colourful Carol.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... just adorable! love the added touch of a ribbon closure!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth!!!!

Bobby said...

What a novel idea, Carol. I would never have thought of this but the house makes a lovely wedding card.

Nancy said...

This is creative times ten! Love it!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so amazing! I love that your card base is a house for the new couple. Beautiful stenciling on this too!

cm said...

Your floral house-shaped wedding card is incredibly pretty, Carol. I had an opportunity to buy this set at a significantly reduced price, but missed the opportunity. Kicking myself! It really does have plenty of possibilities...
hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

What a great idea to use this stencil/die set for a wedding card! It's so pretty! I love this set and own it too. Fun to create with.

Kristin Sluhan said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It is so charming and perfect for a wedding or new home. The dainty flowers are adorable and the shape is genius. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Claire said...

Oh I love this carol - it's so pretty! I remember the bridesmaid circuit of life - I almost went bankrupt!