Friday, May 12, 2023

Thanks a Hole Bunch

The latest Inspired By #IB237 Breakfast Challenge has a yummy photo as well as a sketch. I ended up using both for my card...and while it may not be the healthy breakfast of champions, I used a donut with eggs for a reason. I didn't have a lot of breakfast stamps or dies sooo...the frosting die for the donut is what I also used for the eggs. (The donut could also be a bagel with pink shmear, too!) I used white and blue like the photo but had to add the tea color and the yellow for the lemon. I added pink frosting on the donut, so I made the ombré glasses and tea bag tag the same color. The neutral tablecloth in the background mimics the beverage in the cup. I stuck with pastels for a morning feel. The inspiration from the photo for me was the topic of breakfast and the white and blue behind the food.








Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Creature Comforts die set

The Stamp Market: Donuts stamp and die sets

Simon Says Stamp: circle dies

Distress inks

Versamark: Watermark ink pad

Gina K: Premium Dye Ink in Charcoal Brown, Fine Detail White embossing powder

The Greetery: Cozy Cup Coaster die

Vellum

Silver cardstock


I did most of the die cutting with white cardstock, then ink blended the colors I wanted. I heat embossing the swirly white frosting on top of the pink donut glaze and then my mouth was watering for the real thing! Next, I assembled the pieces that needed it, and started building the scene by adhering the cup/coffee/lemon, spoon and tea bag onto the saucer. To get the rim on the two plates, I ran a smaller circle die for each through my Big Shot with the cutting side up so that I got an impression instead of a cut. I placed the breakfast on its plate and arranged that on the white fringed coaster die. I assembled the glasses and found a place on the "table" for them. Last, I stamped my sentiment to complete the card.

This reminds me that a new donut shop JUST opened where another one had closed not too long ago. I am sure I can convince my husband that we need to try it out this weekend!

See you back here soon!

-Carol
 





2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Carol, love how you were inspired!
Such a fun design!
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

Laurel said...

This is adorable! You had me at donut!