Thursday, May 11, 2023

Keeping It Wheel Bike Shop

This card has a little story behind it. About a week or so ago I was chosen to be a Surprise Party Guest over at Seize the Birthday #261 for the Wheels Challenge! So happy to be able to guest design with them! I also happen to have a friend whose son used to own a bike shop and still loves cycling. So I gave this card to that friend to give to her son for his next birthday. She loved it and I hope you do too. I am sharing it over at the As You See It Challenge #298, New Stuff because the most recent addition to my craft stash is this amazing pop up Shoppe die set  by  Concord and 9th.















Products I used:

Concord and 9th: Window Shoppe Pop Up Base Dies, Flower Shop Stamp set (brick stamp), Poppy/Dove mini ink pads

Ellen Hutson: Good Times stamp set (sentiments)

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Metallic gold cardstock (mailbox slot, door handle)

Acetate (door and shop windows)

Patterned paper and cardstock (awning and the rest of the card)

Velcro (for the birthday sign to fold up and down to fit in A2 envelope)


I have loved the Concord and 9th Pop Up Shoppe dies and stamps sets ever since they came out. I slowly bought some of the components and now I braved it and made my first one. This set was not made to be a bike shop, but the bike IS included in one set so...

I did not know that I had any sentiments having to do with wheels or bikes until the card was ready for its sentiment. I was happily surprised to find one in an Ellen Hutson set I own. The birthday sentiment is velcro-ed on a hinge I made so that it can fold down to fit in the envelope. The shop is adhered to an A2 card base and folds into an A2 envelope (although I would mail it in a bubble envelope after all of this work!) On the Concord and 9th website you can watch videos on how to make one. Really fun with all the little details you have in each set. My favorite detail is the acetate in the window and door...it makes them seem real somehow!

Come by and play along with or without the "wheels" topping at Seize the Birthday! (There are other wheel ideas such as clock "wheels" and baby strollers, a shopping cart, vehicles, a ship's wheel, wheelbarrows,  doing a "wheelie" on your bike, ferris wheels, an interactive wheel card that you turn to reveal different images or sentiments...so many ways to play along! Hope to see you in the the STB gallery!

-Carol


18 comments:

Colleen said...

Carol, I love your card, and that you gave it to your friend to give to a son who owned a bike shop is just perfect and the icing on the birthday cake. This is a fabulous card you made, I love that sentiment: keeping it wheel, that is terrific. Thank you for being so very clever with our challenge this time and thank you for also being our Party Guest at STB!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Colleen!!! So happy to be your guest!

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, Carol! I love all the dimension that makes this extra special! Congratulations on your win at Seize the Birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun card. It reminds me of the fish and chips store where I grew up at including the bikes, parked in the front lol.

Barbara said...

congrats on your win and so glad that you used our toppings to make you a winner. Your card for this challenge is over the top amazing and I got a huge smile on my face when I saw it. I am sure it will be a big hit when it is given to your friend's son for his birthday.

Carol said...

Thank you so much everyone!!! So happy to be your guest!

Heather said...

Wow, Carol, this is the cutest! I think this makes for a great bike shop - love seeing your fun scene! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I love how you turned it into a bike shop, especially the sentiment, "Keep it Wheel!" lol You included so much detail that it really was a convincing shop! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word! This is just so clever and so adorable! How perfect for your friend's son. Good on you for all your thinking and tweaking to get the perfect result you wanted. That striped awning is just fabulous. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

Linda said...

Carol, what an awesome bicycle shop card. Your friend's son is going to love this. Thanks for being our Guest Designer for this challenge.

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card with that cute bicycle shop and great dimension. Love your card Carol.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol this card is just fantastic! So many fun details - what a fabulous die set and perfect for a bike shop owner too. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

Cathy said...

Wow! I bet your friend's son treasures this card, it's amazing with all of those details, love the "keeping it wheel" sentiment, too cute! Thankyou for being our party guest, Cathy x

Nancy said...

I am trying to play catch up this morning as I have had vertigo since I got home and doing computer work makes it worse.UGH! I guess 7 flights in 10 days was a bit much! LOL. Anyways....you already know that this card is over-the-top fabulous and I am thrilled I got to see it in person. Looks like the DT agrees also. Well done my friend!

JulieP said...

This is nothing short of AMAZING!!! I am in awe over every detail. I have no doubt her son is going to LOVE this creation. Well done friend. Good to have you joining us!

Ashwini Rao said...

This is a super duper card!! I am totally loving it! The colors, the bikes, the shoppe and the pop up - everything is just fantastic!! Thank you so much for this fantastic inspiration for us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

shirley-bee said...

What a fantastic card for the wheels challenge, Carol! I love all the detail, the colours and the sentiments! Great to have you as our guest designer at STB!

Glenda J said...

Oh my gosh Carol - this amazing! I love everything about it - bold colours and creative design. So glad to have you join us at Seize the Birthday.