Monday, May 1, 2023

Time for Sun

The Freshly Made Sketches FMS583 Challenge caught my eye today so I made this CAS card for it using poetic license to make the cloud a sun and the rainbow became the diver's arc into the water.




Products I used:

Simpy Graphic: diver die

Simon Says Stamp: sun die, cardstock sentiment, Holographic sequins

My Favorite Things: wave die

Stampin' Up!: Classic ink pad

Ink blending brush

Foam Tape

I die cut my diver, wave and sun out of various colors of cardstock. I used Press N' Seal to pick up the sun rays off my cutting plate. After turning the Press N' Seal over and adding glue to the back of each ray, I pressed them onto my ink blended card where the sun was already adhered. I popped up my diver on foam tape, then adhered the wave below. I cut out the sentiment from the card full of many sentiments and popped it up on foam tape as well. I added a few water splashes (sequins) in yellow since the sun was shining on them. That is my take on the sketch!

See you back here again soon!

-Carol





9 comments:

Nancy said...

Brillant idea! Love how it turned out!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!!

Karen said...

What a great card! I love the Simply Graphic dies you have. Where do you find them?

Linda Callahan said...

Very clever take on the sketch! Love it!

Carol said...

Thenks Karen! I went to their website. The list of products I have above says the name of the set I used for my latest cards with the swimmers. They ship pretty quickly too coming from overseas! Simon might carry them too.

Thank you Linda!!!!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

What brilliant clean take on the sketch! Every detail is just perfect. And I love this gorgeous summer scene. Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!! Love!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Carol. I came by to thank you for your lovely comment on my JUGs card inspired by YOU, and also to share a 2 minute video that shows how to use the MFT pool stencil. Easy peasy - just rotate 4 timeshttps://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ax7Zdk088aI&ab_channel=MyFavoriteThings.
I also just have to tell you what a brilliant idea it was to interpret the FMS Sketch the way you did. Then I strolled through your blog, and Oh My!! I love your work. I also want to purchase some of those dies, and wondered where you got them, but I see you have already answered that question above. I am so glad I found your blog. I will be visiting!

Carol said...

Stephanie, you are a sweet person! I enjoy your work as well!!! Thank you for the video. I will be trying out the technique so that I can make better pools!!!