Saturday, May 6, 2023

Anything is Popsicle

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #678 Color Week my very talented teammate Nancy chose Pink and Yellow. I thought a lot about what to make with the colors since it is spring and brighter colors are back out in the open in may ways. She accidentally bought this popsicle die set twice and offered me one of them recently. They are so cute!!!! I hope to make a watercolor popsicle version in many colors next! What do you think you could make with pink and yellow? Flowers? Candy? Gift packages? Birthday cake or cupcakes? Join us this week with your ideas...we love to see your cards in our gallery!






Product I used:

My Favorite Things: Pair of Popsicles die-namics

Poppystamps: Life is Sweet stamp set

Pink and Main: Clear Glitter Enamel Dots

Gina K: Fine Detail White embossing powder

Pink Fresh Studio: Diagonal Stitched Rectangles

Woodgrain cardstock

White glitter cardstock

Assorted cardstock in pinks and yellows

Wink of Stella pen

Versamark watermark ink pad

There isn't a lot to say about making this card. It is easy to piece together once you choose your colors. After completing each popsicle, I rubbed the left edge along the Versamark ink pad to get a shadow on it. Can you see it? Along the right side where the shine die cut is, I put a little Wink of Stella for sparkle...easier to see in person.  I used woodgrain cardstock for the popsicle sticks...I have had this particular woodgrain for years and have used it in so many different ways! Then I got the idea to pop these icy treats up on white glitter cardstock for even more sparkle. I decided to die cut the pink rectangle with the diagonal stitched edges for fun. Last, I heat embossed the sentiment and added glitter enamel dots. That's it!

Do join us this week!


-Carol


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card looks absolutely amazing! It looks so very realistic and has depth and until I read how you actually made it pop up like that with the shadow, I had assumed you layered it with another die cut. Also the colors are so beautiful and really pop off this card! Wonderfully created!❤️

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way you layered all of your elements, Carol! The little bit of shadow and sparkle you added to the frosty treats gives them wonderful depth. Cute card, My friend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun way to use the colors - these pop-sickles are awesome.

Ina G said...

Your card is full of colour and yummieness Carol. Great layers. So cool!

Claire said...

Those ice blocks look good enough to eat Carol! I feel like I could lift them off the card and start licking!

Bobby said...

Your popsicles look yummy, Carol, and I love the sentiment. Great idea to shade with Versa Mark. I can see the dimension it adds.

cm said...

Your card is filled with pink and yellow yumminess, Carol! LOVE your frozen treats!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your popsicles are fabulous and look so realistic! Great use of the colors on this awesome design!

Lisa Kind said...

What an absolutely yummy card! They really look so dimensional. You hit it out of the park with this card!