Sunday, May 7, 2023

Rain or Shine

I noticed that The Paper Players #639 Challenge is Rainy Days and my last Reverse Confetti purchase has the same theme...so I got it out and played around a bit. Here is my card for PP639!





Products I used:

Reverse Confetti: Sealiously stamp set

Copics, Stampin Up! markers, Prismacolor pencils

Versafine : Onyx Black ink pad

Aqua Painter

Distress Oxide inks

Watercolor paper

Concord and 9th: Dew Drops

I cut an A2 card base from watercolor paper, then another panel a bit smaller. I watercolored the center area of the smaller panel, then dabbed it dry. On a scrap sheet of the same paper, I stamped my images, then colored them. Next I fussy cut the images, then played around with placement so that my sentiment would fit. I adhered the puddle and dark cloud directly onto the panel, then popped up the blue cloud, seal, rock, and umbrella images. I added dew drops and popped up my completed panel onto the front of my card base! The hardest part of making this card was getting the watercolor to sit and run in a way that I liked. Otherwise, it was not a difficult card to make.

I wish I had a bird's eye view umbrella to make a card like the one in the Paper Players photo above in the middle of the bottom row!!!

See you back here again soon!

-Carol

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, this is the sweetest card. I love your little seal and t kind sentiment! I love the watercolored background, too! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thank you Claire! It is a fun theme and I new I needed to ink up my new stamp set!!!

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is so adorable! Love the little seal and the raindrops. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Suzanne said...

Carol, your card is just adorable. The images and sentimant are so sweet. I really like the effect of the watercolor. So glad you participated in The Paper Players challenge this week.

Carol said...

Thank you for the kid words ladies!

Jaydee said...

Carol, I love the soft watercoloring and your little seal with her umbrella is adorable. Fabulous card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

SO cute! I love this little seal, perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along!